• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Games Thread

Captain Morgan

On 3/16/2021 at 12:07 PM, HardcoreHokie said:

Eric Martin last night:  “Gravel in his gut and spit in his eye”

Assuming this is also the origin of “How Dooo You Doooo”

Johnny Cash:  A Boy Named Sue

https://www.google.com/amp/s/genius.com/amp/Johnny-cash-a-boy-named-sue-lyrics

The “how doooo yooooou doooo!” bit has been used for ages by Rick Jeanneret of the Sabres.. it’s a good one. 

The question is - do we want to use Zeller's $13m to address the center position now or in the offseason?

I can't stand him anymore.. JB sat him in the 1st half for the rest of the game because he was atrocious.. LA kept switching him onto LeBron and he was bbq chicken 🐔 💀..

I think we gotta make something happen..

6 hours ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

The question is - do we want to use Zeller's $13m to address the center position now or in the offseason?

I can't stand him anymore.. JB sat him in the 1st half for the rest of the game because he was atrocious.. LA kept switching him onto LeBron and he was bbq chicken 🐔 💀..

Agreed...we sure don’t have anybody else

6 hours ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

I think the team will look at the buyout market.

1 hour ago, HoopKing20 said:

I think the team will look at the buyout market.

guys that are bought out will be jumping to title contenders.. not 5-10 seed teams (which we are)..

I know this season has been exciting for a lot of us - but don't get it twisted - we are not an attractive FA destination.. not to mention the FA big men this offseason won't move the needles for us.. the expiring $15m (Zeller) in salary dollars is worth more to small-market teams on the Trade Market than the FA Market..

we just have to make smart trades that don't disrupt the long-term success of the organization.. either you use the $15m now OR reinvest to lockup Monk/Graham.. if we use it to lockup Monk, we still have a huge hole in the middle of the defense

I say we flip Zeller now for someone like Myles Turner, let Graham walk and do our best to keep Monk.. if he cashes in with someone else - so be it..

Ball - Terry - Hayward - PJ - Turner = top 4 seed in East next year

1 hour ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

guys that are bought out will be jumping to title contenders.. not 5-10 seed teams (which we are)..

I know this season has been exciting for a lot of us - but don't get it twisted - we are not an attractive FA destination.. not to mention the FA big men this offseason won't move the needles for us.. the expiring $15m (Zeller) in salary dollars is worth more to small-market teams on the Trade Market than the FA Market..

we just have to make smart trades that don't disrupt the long-term success of the organization.. either you use the $15m now OR reinvest to lockup Monk/Graham.. if we use it to lockup Monk, we still have a huge hole in the middle of the defense

I say we flip Zeller now for someone like Myles Turner, let Graham walk and do our best to keep Monk.. if he cashes in with someone else - so be it..

we cant lose both monk & graham...and I say graham is more valuable than monk

with that said, we have to get better in the middle

5 hours ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

You seem to know the potential buyout market more than me.  I agree that most bought out want a  contender.  However, you don't think there is a big that wants minutes and potentially rehabilitate image?  Show your potential on a team with cap space and definite need at C.

Huge win against a solid Spurs playoff team. The schedule does get a bit easier down the stretch I believe and we definitely do have enough talent to still be a top 6 seed and get some playoff experience -- if some of our inconsistent guys (PJ especially) can step it up and try to fill the void of Melo. It really sucks Melo is out and I'd love to get another high lottery pick that we could hit on to pair with Melo going forward, but if we can pull it off and get a top 6 seed I'd also love to see this team back in the playoffs. Even without Melo, guys like PJ, Bridges, Graham, Monk could use some really valuable playoff experience

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1