• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Games Thread

Captain Morgan

Just now, Shocker said:

I didn’t see adjustments but what could he do?  You cant do a 180 now...what you implemented didn't work.

But, that's my point...  this has been a culmination of what he's been letting go on for way longer than just tonight.  There wasn't anything he could do once the game started.  Like I stated in the other thread, we had a week and a half to lock up the 8th spot with one win, and we couldn't do it.  It's because the team is undisciplined and lacks accountability.  We even had Miles back the last two games of the year and still blew both of them.  JB is just a mouthpiece.

Indy's coach is rumored to not even be well liked by his own locker room, and yet, our first round picks are getting destroyed by guys like Keelan Martin, Oshea Brissett, TJ McConnell, and the lesser Holiday brothers lol.  Those guys are playing basketball...  our guys are contemplating what's for dinner and what their next Instagram post will be.

4 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

But, that's my point...  this has been a culmination of what he's been letting go on for way longer than just tonight.  There wasn't anything he could do once the game started.  Like I stated in the other thread, we had a week and a half to lock up the 8th spot with one win, and we couldn't do it.  It's because the team is undisciplined and lacks accountability.  We even had Miles back the last two games of the year and still blew both of them.  JB is just a mouthpiece.

Indy's coach is rumored to not even be well liked by his own locker room, and yet, our first round picks are getting destroyed by guys like Keelan Martin, Oshea Brissett, TJ McConnell, and the lesser Holiday brothers lol.  Those guys are playing basketball...  our guys are contemplating what's for dinner and what their next Instagram post will be.

When you look at what someone like Tom T has done with the Knicks it is hard to argue the coaches impact.

Edited by Shocker

11 minutes ago, Eazy-E said:

Only positive about Borrego is he is decent at developing young players. He is average to below average at basically every other coaching metric.

I agree, but you can get assistants to develop youth.  I'm done with dude.

I was just thinking what we needed from the outset of this game was the grittiness of the Martin twins.  I assumed they weren't playing because they were both still injured...  lo and behold, no, they weren't both injured, JB just didn't play them again because he's a fuging idiot when it comes to rotations and innate feel of the game.  Same poo could be said with Carey and Richards...  We were better off playing them than Zeller and Biz.  Dude started Biz and I dont think he's been back in the game since the 1st quarter.  This poo is mind-boggling.  Unfugingbelievable.

• Beer 1

12 minutes ago, frankw said:

All this talk about coaching but we saw this with Clifford too. Maybe Borrego needs to go but you cannot absolve the players for this abysmal effort. These aren't janitors these are the big leagues.

That’s because Cliff and JB are stubborn ass coaches who will only make changes when they are forced to by injuries. They are the same coach but JB is decent at developing young players. 

It’s not a coincidence that the Magic also suck under Clifford. 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

I was just thinking what we needed from the outset of this game was the grittiness of the Martin twins.  I assumed they weren't playing because they were both still injured...  lo and behold, no, they weren't both injured, JB just didn't play them again because he's a fuging idiot when it comes to rotations and innate feel of the game.  Same poo could be said with Carey and Richards...  We were better off playing them than Zeller and Biz.  Dude started Biz and I dont think he's been back in the game since the 1st quarter.  This poo is mind-boggling.  Unfugingbelievable.

Martin in that last stretch put in more effort than all starters. Obviously they're over Borrego and comfortable with job security. A good coach would have benched PJ and Monk for these bench guys a month ago to send a message

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

I was just thinking what we needed from the outset of this game was the grittiness of the Martin twins.  I assumed they weren't playing because they were both still injured...  lo and behold, no, they weren't both injured, JB just didn't play them again because he's a fuging idiot when it comes to rotations and innate feel of the game.  Same poo could be said with Carey and Richards...  We were elected off playing them than Zeller and Biz.  Dude started Biz and I dont think he's been back in the game since the 1st quarter.  This poo is mind-boggling.  Unfugingbelievable.

I’ve been saying it since JB was hired. He’s a really good assistant coach but just isn’t head coaching material. There is a reason the Magic didn’t even consider him as a head coach after he was their interim in 2015.

Good coaches are like parents. They aren’t supposed to be your friends. They are going to do what is needed to get the best out of you. You may not like it and may feel like you hate them at times but that’s their job. It helps develop you and builds character. 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Eazy-E said:

I’ve been saying it since JB was hired. He’s a really good assistant coach but just isn’t head coaching material. There is a reason the Magic didn’t even consider him as a head coach after he was their interim in 2015.

Good coaches are like parents. They aren’t supposed to be your friends. They are going to do what is needed to get the best out of you. You may not like it and may feel like you hate them at times but that’s their job. It helps develop you and builds character. 

100%.  I'm ready to turn the page on him.  That couldn't have went any worse and every bit of it illustrated all of his weaknesses as a head coach.  This team has no accountability, and I doubt they even listen to his "I know this is gonna sting, but rah rah!" poo afterwards.  If you listened to his post-game presser after that last Washington game, it confirmed everything I foresaw coming tonight.  It literally sounded like Rivera.  Just a bunch of cliches about us being young, about us growing, about how we'll learn from it and step up to the challenge in the next game.  Welp...  just more of the same.

7 minutes ago, Eazy-E said:

He also threw the team under the bus the other day saying you can't win without making shots. It's true but prob pissed the team off and want him gone