• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Games Thread

Captain Morgan

I refuse to feel upset about the literal one time the Hornets lost a game in the clutch this season

while it is pretty impressive that this is in fact the first time we've choked in the final minutes all season, I'm still a little upset.

Just a little.  Amazing what we've done without Ball, Gordon and Monk.  If we just had one of them today....

Hawks just moved past us in the standings with their win today.

I'm more than a little upset. The 2 times we really needed a good showing - we came out the gates looking like clowns. BKN and ATL are the only 2 games I have been disappointed in our team. We rely on the 3 too much and can't guard the 3.. we were even with them in FG%, boards and FTs. We also outscored them in the paint. They just beat us from the 3pt line: 44% to our 35%..

34 minutes ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

I'm more than a little upset. The 2 times we really needed a good showing - we came out the gates looking like clowns. BKN and ATL are the only 2 games I have been disappointed in our team. We rely on the 3 too much and can't guard the 3.. we were even with them in FG%, boards and FTs. We also outscored them in the paint. They just beat us from the 3pt line: 44% to our 35%..

Yep...but we were without yet another player in PJ

Graham & rozier had double teams every time they touched the ball

the late turnovers were brutal...and our defense was lousy

bad, bad loss

6 hours ago, Captain Morgan said:

well they sure ain't starting off very well, down double digits in the 1st.

Yeah, they did not play well at all during the first half.

4 hours ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

Not being able to defend the three is something that has been a thing since Clifford coached the Hornets. I would have thought JB would have fixed that, but nope. They still pack the paint and leave the shooters open just like when Clifford was the coach.

1 hour ago, jayboogieman said:

Yeah, they did not play well at all during the first half.

Not being able to defend the three is something that has been a thing since Clifford coached the Hornets. I would have thought JB would have fixed that, but nope. They still pack the paint and leave the shooters open just like when Clifford was the coach.

The problem is we don't have someone to defend the paint at center - so when someone drives to the basket - we have to help defend and they leave their man on the edge and even if we recover teams can just swing-swing pass to the open guy. Its a problem we have had because we have never had a legit rim protecting/rebounding Big..

• Pie 1

10 hours ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

The problem is we don't have someone to defend the paint at center - so when someone drives to the basket - we have to help defend and they leave their man on the edge and even if we recover teams can just swing-swing pass to the open guy. Its a problem we have had because we have never had a legit rim protecting/rebounding Big..

Other teams have the same issue of not having a rim protecting big, but don't have everyone pack the paint and give up as many threes as the Hornets do.

• Pie 1

Atlanta bullied our skinny bigs.  That is the game plan against us from now on, and there is not really anything we can do about it.

Our guys are getting pounded, scraped in the face, some stuff very close to crossing the line.  We haven't retaliated ... yet.

Until we get some guys back, we're going to have to rely on 3s.  We could do that with Monk, Ball and Gordon a lot of the time.