• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Games Thread

Captain Morgan

13 hours ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

Bucks vs Indy tonight is just as important.. they are playing well and we need to keep them behind us.. we have to find a way to win 1 of these last 3 games.. if we can magically win 2 out of 3 = we are #8 no doubt

Hopefully the Bucks and LA will beat Indy.. Pacers will most certainly beat the Raptors..
gawd dayum those losses to Cleveland, Chicago x2 and NO are just abysmal looking.. if we grabbed one of them we wouldn't be in this mess..

we need Hayward and/or Miles back to compete..

Hayward is done for the season

maybe miles can get back on the court and give us something..still can’t fathom why he’s been out so long

Edited by Scott12345

24 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

I've been hearing that a lot. Could they be up to something? It's obvious now though isn't it? NBA refs have been less trustworthy than NFL refs and their foolery has been documented. 

The NBA refs are blatantly partial to the big market teams and star players. Another problem is the refs not calling fouls for rookies. I remember watching a game a couple of years back and Dell said whatever rookie they were talking about wouldn't get the foul call because he hadn't earned the refs' respect yet, but he would get that call in the future.

• Pie 1

48 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

The NBA refs are blatantly partial to the big market teams and star players. Another problem is the refs not calling fouls for rookies. I remember watching a game a couple of years back and Dell said whatever rookie they were talking about wouldn't get the foul call because he hadn't earned the refs' respect yet, but he would get that call in the future.

"You're not old enough to get that call."

Exactly why their ratings deserve to drop.

Dishonesty on display.

4 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

"You're not old enough to get that call."

Exactly why their ratings deserve to drop.

Dishonesty on display.

I agree that it is a problem, but I do see the other side of the coin. It sort of makes sense to make rookies see that the refs will not bail them out and that they shouldn't look for the foul call all the time. But, these guys have grown up watching most of these same officials call a foul if someone breathes wrong on Lebron, so I see why they think they deserve the same treatment. It should be easy to call games fairly,, but it seems the refs in all sports have a hard time doing so.

Just now, jayboogieman said:

I agree that it is a problem, but I do see the other side of the coin. It sort of makes sense to make rookies see that the refs will not bail them out and that they shouldn't look for the foul call all the time. But, these guys have grown up watching most of these same officials call a foul if someone breathes wrong on Lebron, so I see why they think they deserve the same treatment. It should be easy to call games fairly,, but it seems the refs in all sports have a hard time doing so.

They do don't they? Oh, but the storylines.

The stories. 

I'd rather know who the REAL champs are.

Had they penalized the Broncos as they should have in 2015 you'd be talking about a Superbowl win in Pantherland.

Can't have that now, can we?

54 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

They do don't they? Oh, but the storylines.

The stories. 

I'd rather know who the REAL champs are.

Had they penalized the Broncos as they should have in 2015 you'd be talking about a Superbowl win in Pantherland.

Can't have that now, can we?

Yeah, I'm sure some of it is coming from the leagues themselves. Then there are true missed or bad calls in the heat of the moment. And sometimes even the refs are just fans of certain players or teams. They're human too. The NBA and NFL really do seem to be big on their storylines these days. When I want a lot of storylines with my sports I'll watch wrestling.

I knew the Panthers wouldn't win that superbowl. The NFL wanted Manning to ride off into the sunset a champion too badly.

39 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

My conspiracy radar went off when that came down. 

I think they are just being cautious. The Hornets at most would win a few games in the playoffs this year even at full health. Better center play with a fully healthy team next year should be able to get into the second round of the playoffs at least.