• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Are you in better shape than Mac Jones???

Are you in better shape than Mac Jones??  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Question

• Yes
    • No im a disgusting blob

17 minutes ago, TSLA said:

I would take Mac Jones at 8 all day long. 

Good thing you have nothing to do with our draft room.

Set aside the thread for a minute, forget about that picture.

The guy has legit questions around his overall talent.  He's played on a team that has not really been challenged all year.  Exactly one game that ended within one score, and that game (Florida) honestly wasn't ever in doubt.  He's played behind a line that has just DOMINATED opponents.  He was sacked 13 times ALL YEAR.  His receivers are SOOOOO open week in and week out that you really don't know anything about his velocity and placement.

The questions Jones has answered are great.  He has very good to exceptional touch on the ball.  Given time, he can go through a read progression.  He can place a deep ball.

The questions Jones hasn't answered are critical.  Can he fit a ball in a tight window?  Can he generate the velocity needed?  Can he make a quick read and get the ball out on time?  Those are NFL traits that are not in evidence.  It's not necessarily his fault that they aren't, his team is just that good.

If he goes in the top 10, he's going based on what his TEAM has done, not what he has done.

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'm not really a Mac Jones fan, but that reminds me of a few years ago when this picture was floating around:

tom-brady-nfl-combinejpg-e3968c20398628c

That guy turned out okay.

Tom didn't have the chisled physique he does now back then but he was insanely competitive and driven. If Mac Jones has the same level of tenacious drive to win as Brady then he's worth a 4th round pick to me. 

Archived