• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jets supposedly keeping Darnold. Second pick is open for trades

25 minutes ago, Troys99x4 said:

I’m all in as long as we are sold on the prospect. Anything more than this years first, next years first, and a third is too rich for my blood. And.....I’m only making the move for Wilson. 

That might get you to #3, but it won't get you to #2.

The conversation for #2 probably starts with #8, our 2nd rounder, and next year's 1st. We'd probably need to sweeten the pot with an additional mid-rounder too. And that's just going straight by the chart, not considering a bidding war. The price very well may be too steep but if I'm sold on someone I'm at least making the call and having a conversation. That doesn't cost anything.

5 minutes ago, Zod said:

I'd still take him at 1

I mean wile watched the Bears take Mitch over Watson and Mahomes. 

There is plenty of precedent for teams taking “their” guy over “the” guy. 

Urban took that job already knowing who he’s going to take. Wouldn’t surprise me at all to see Haskins there as well. 

Just straight off the chart, you're talking about a first and second.  That's already borderline too much for a team with the needs we have.  Someone else will offer more.  You'd have to be HARDCORE sold on Wilson or Fields to make that trade.

I really, really like Wilson.  If we were sitting at 2 I'd take him.  I'd RUN to the podium.  But the cost of moving to get him will be incredibly high for us.  Probably too high.

Just now, BrianS said:

Just straight off the chart, you're talking about a first and second.  That's already borderline too much for a team with the needs we have.  Someone else will offer more.  You'd have to be HARDCORE sold on Wilson or Fields to make that trade.

I really, really like Wilson.  If we were sitting at 2 I'd take him.  I'd RUN to the podium.  But the cost of moving to get him will be incredibly high for us.  Probably too high.

Just to be clear you don’t make that trade for Wilson. You only make that trade if you have some insight into who the Jags believe their guy is. 

Just now, BrianS said:

Its imperative for us to keep our 2nd this year and get our LT to pair him with the qb we draft.   There seems to be a lot of above average/slightly above avg Tackles in the top of the 2nd range in this draft.  No animals but solid players

Archived