• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jets supposedly keeping Darnold. Second pick is open for trades

3 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

Just to be clear you don’t make that trade for Wilson. You only make that trade if you have some insight into who the Jags believe their guy is. 

You make the trade for whoever you KNOW is going to be a stud franchise QB. Doesn't matter if it's Fields, Wilson, Lance, or even Jones. If that guy ends up being your franchise QB, then he's absolutely worth it. 

Unfortunately there's no way to see into the future. Knowing what we know now, you best believe the Bears would have given up AT LEAST what has been theorized above and then some for Pat Mahomes. 

2 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

Just to be clear you don’t make that trade for Wilson. You only make that trade if you have some insight into who the Jags believe their guy is. 

Come on man.  There is NO FREAKING WAY the Jags pass on Lawrence.  NO WAY.  They would be crucified by their fan base.  And I like Minshew!  I think he's got some potential.  But you cannot pass on TL at #1.  You just can't.

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

That's not enough.

I agree.  Next year's first is "calculated" as one round less valuable, so it's effectively a first and a second, which I don't think is enough to move up there.  Someone will offer more.  If I honestly thought that offer would get us up there, I'd take the deal.  I just don't think it's enough, especially this early.

3 minutes ago, BrianS said:

Come on man.  There is NO FREAKING WAY the Jags pass on Lawrence.  NO WAY.  They would be crucified by their fan base.  And I like Minshew!  I think he's got some potential.  But you cannot pass on TL at #1.  You just can't.

I agree.  Next year's first is "calculated" as one round less valuable, so it's effectively a first and a second, which I don't think is enough to move up there.  Someone will offer more.  If I honestly thought that offer would get us up there, I'd take the deal.  I just don't think it's enough, especially this early.

It’s not about Minshew, it’s about Fields. Depends on the conversations Urban and Ryan have had and will have about Fields. Urban will have for my insight to fields than any other team. If he believes Fields can be his franchise guy then he could absolutely take him. 

Let’s realize that Aaron Rodgers as talented as he is only has one Super Bowl. Dan Marino had none. Peyton only had one legit super bowl where he was a factor. The most talented guy isn’t always the guy that wins. It’s about getting YOUR guy. Can’t stress that enough. 

32 minutes ago, Stingray3030 said:

Not worth it without TL IMO - Fields is NOT the guy.  Anything else we need will be there at 8.

Fields is THE guy for the Panthers to grab. He would fit in seamlessly into our style of offense. And I HATE Ohio State.

For everyone talking about the Jags not taking TL... Why do you think the Jets are sticking with Darnold and trading out of the 2nd pick? Because TL won’t be available... If by some stupid ass miracle the Jags don’t take TL(will never happen), the Jets then wouldn’t trade the pick and they’d grab TL... 

2 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

It’s not about Minshew, it’s about Fields. Depends on the conversations Urban and Ryan have had and will have about Fields. Urban will have for my insight to fields than any other team. If he believes Fields can be his franchise guy then he could absolutely take him. 

Let’s realize that Aaron Rodgers as talented as he is only has one Super Bowl. Dan Marino had none. Peyton only had one legit super bowl where he was a factor. The most talented guy isn’t always the guy that wins. It’s about getting YOUR guy. Can’t stress that enough. 

Jesus Christ he is not taking Fields.  This is so stupid

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

Jesus Christ he is not taking Fields.  This is so stupid

The NFL is stupid. That’s the point. Plenty of examples damn near every year of the best QB in the draft not being the first QB taken. Stop acting like poo is written in stone. You aren’t in any draft room. 

2 minutes ago, SazmoRanger said:

For everyone talking about the Jags not taking TL... Why do you think the Jets are sticking with Darnold and trading out of the 2nd pick? Because TL won’t be available... If by some stupid ass miracle the Jags don’t take TL(will never happen), the Jets then wouldn’t trade the pick and they’d grab TL... 

Maybe because they already have a talented young QB they just need to develop. Not that hard or surprising. They had a chance at Lawrence all year if they really wanted him. 

4 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

The NFL is stupid. That’s the point. Plenty of examples damn near every year of the best QB in the draft not being the first QB taken. Stop acting like poo is written in stone. You aren’t in any draft room. 

Give me one example of a QB rated as high as TL not going #1. 

You are just embarrassing yourself dude

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If you're sold on a QB prospect you have to at least have the conversation. We're not going anywhere without a QB and you can probably forget about the pipedream of landing a Russell Wilson in the 3rd again.

I am hoping getting a franchise QB was a part of the conversation when they hired Scott. Because getting another Wilson is very low. 

Archived