• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jets supposedly keeping Darnold. Second pick is open for trades

To be clear nobody here is saying he SHOULD pick Fields. 

We are saying if anyone would it would be the guy in the NFL with the closest ties to Fields. 

Urban ranked TL over Fields before the season and rightfully so. 

I’m a Clemson guy all day long, I went to the damn school and I know who the best QB is just like I knew with DW and just like y’all will find out with DJ. 

But to say there’s 0 chance they take Fields isn’t true. A 5% chance while unlikely is still a chance and as a team that needs a QB, you’d be foolish to not do your due diligence on Fields and Lawrence with the #2 pick in play. 

9 minutes ago, SazmoRanger said:

For everyone talking about the Jags not taking TL... Why do you think the Jets are sticking with Darnold and trading out of the 2nd pick? Because TL won’t be available... If by some stupid ass miracle the Jags don’t take TL(will never happen), the Jets then wouldn’t trade the pick and they’d grab TL... 

Exactly! You would think this wouldn’t even have to be said...but thank u

3 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

I am hoping getting a franchise QB was a part of the conversation when they hired Scott. Because getting another Wilson is very low. 

Yep. Relying on finding an elite franchise QB outside of the 1st round (and honestly the upper half of the 1st round) is essentially relying on pure horseshit luck and everyone missing badly on that guy's evaluation. Sure, it happens but it happens rarely.

4 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Give me one example of a QB rated as high as TL not going #1. 

You are just embarrassing yourself dude

Rated by who?? Who the fug cares about what a QB is rated before they play in the NFL. You know who was “rated” just as high as TL? Sam Darnold, hence the conversation we’re currently having. 

Just now, AceBoogie said:

Rated by who?? Who the fug cares about what a QB is rated before they play in the NFL. You know who was “rated” just as high as TL? Sam Darnold, hence the conversation we’re currently having. 

You are truly high if you think Darnold was rated as high as TL is,  really high

1 minute ago, AceBoogie said:

But to say there’s 0 chance they take Fields isn’t true. A 5% chance while unlikely is still a chance and as a team that needs a QB, you’d be foolish to not do your due diligence on Fields and Lawrence with the #2 pick in play. 

Based on your previous comments, what is your percentages for the Jets passing on TL if he fell to them?? Cuz I feel none of this discussion even matters...Lawrence would be a Jet in a heartbeat

27 minutes ago, BrianS said:

Just straight off the chart, you're talking about a first and second.  That's already borderline too much for a team with the needs we have.  Someone else will offer more.  You'd have to be HARDCORE sold on Wilson or Fields to make that trade.

I really, really like Wilson.  If we were sitting at 2 I'd take him.  I'd RUN to the podium.  But the cost of moving to get him will be incredibly high for us.  Probably too high.

If the Jets are sticking with Darnold, there’s a good chance that either Fields, Lance or Wilson will fall as Cincy, Miami and Philly already have their QBs. The wildcard would be Atlanta. I’d play the odds that one of them will fall in our laps rather than pay a king’s ransom to move up. Doesn’t make sense with this talent deficient roster.

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

You are truly high if you think Darnold was rated as high as TL is,  really high

Sam Darnold was the highest rated QB in the last 5 years by Todd Mcshay at a 94. He rates TL at a 97....now please go away. 

For the record I don’t wake and bake on the weekdays...so close but not yet. 

3 minutes ago, Prowler2k18 said:

If the Jets are sticking with Darnold, there’s a good chance that either Fields, Lance or Wilson will fall as Cincy, Miami and Philly already have their QBs. The wildcard would be Atlanta. I’d play the odds that one of them will fall in our laps rather than pay a king’s ransom to move up. Doesn’t make sense with this talent deficient roster.

Only bad thing with that is other teams trading up in front of us. I could see 49ers, Steelers, Washington. So don’t just say they will fall to us if those teams don’t take any.

Guys I can think of rated like TL:

Andrew Luck

Peyton Manning

Aikman maybe?

John Elway

One of them is a sure fire first ballot HoF guy.  Two are already in the HoF.  The other was an extremely good QB who might have been HoF caliber if not for injuries.

5 minutes ago, Reebis21 said:

Based on your previous comments, what is your percentages for the Jets passing on TL if he fell to them?? Cuz I feel none of this discussion even matters...Lawrence would be a Jet in a heartbeat

I think the Jets have already decided they aren’t taking a QB no matter who it is. Look man I love Trevor, I’m a fan of his for life, but he ain’t Jesus. Andrew Luck was the most coveted prospect ever and it didn’t do poo for the Colts. 

I would prefer we pursue Lance.  Don't think he warrants a trade up to #2/3 however, I would target pick 5 w/Cinci at the highest or wait and see.  If Sewell is gone, they may be taking calls.

He just interests me the most, crazy upside there and I really think ATL will grab Zach Wilson to go with Arthur Smith.

8 minutes ago, Prowler2k18 said:

Atlanta isn't a wildcard at all, they are going QB, no question.  Matt Ryan will be 36 next season.  He's the perfect guy to mentor a young QB for a couple seasons then ride off into the sunset.  Atlanta is positioned well, as much as I hate to say it of a division rival.

If you're looking for a wildcard, I'd pick Detroit.  Stafford is super talented, but 32.  He's entering that gray area of age.  Can he go another 4-5 years?  Probably?  Maybe?  They need a lot of help, but if the board falls right, they could be a wildcard in the QB race.

Archived