• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jets supposedly keeping Darnold. Second pick is open for trades

1 minute ago, BurnNChinn said:

Only bad thing with that is other teams trading up in front of us. I could see 49ers, Steelers, Washington. So don’t just say they will fall to us if those teams don’t take any.

Anything’s possible for sure. With the Jets decision on Darnold, odds are slightly better at least one of them will be there IMO.

45 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

I mean wile watched the Bears take Mitch over Watson and Mahomes. 

There is plenty of precedent for teams taking “their” guy over “the” guy. 

Urban took that job already knowing who he’s going to take. Wouldn’t surprise me at all to see Haskins there as well. 

I mean, really they could take Sewell or DeVonta Smith and go for their QB with their remaining first rounder.  Perhaps they want to pair Mac Jones with Smith at the NFL level?

14 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

I think the Jets have already decided they aren’t taking a QB no matter who it is. Look man I love Trevor, I’m a fan of his for life, but he ain’t Jesus. Andrew Luck was the most coveted prospect ever and it didn’t do poo for the Colts. 

I feel ya...and hey u might be right that the Jets have made that decision already...I think it’d be negligent as hell, but it’s the Jets...I think the NY media and fans would lose their minds if they passed on Trevor given the fact that Darnold hasn’t shown anything special whatsoever yet

3 minutes ago, Reebis21 said:

I feel ya...and hey u might be right that the Jets have made that decision already...I think it’d be negligent as hell, but it’s the Jets...I think the NY media and fans would lose their minds if they passed on Trevor given the fact that Darnold hasn’t shown anything special whatsoever yet

I’d agree with you if they had the #1 pick. In fairness to Darnold, they’ve done very little to build around him. Maybe that’s their reason for shopping the #2.

5 minutes ago, Reebis21 said:

I think the way it plays out is that the Jets shop the pick around, and agree a deal "in principle" if you will.  They won't actually *DO* the deal until the Jags make their pick.  If the Jags do something blindingly stupid and not draft TL, the Jets keep the pick and draft TL.  If the Jags do as expected, their "in principle" deal becomes "in practice" and the Jets trade back for a haul.

I would not be open to it. Fields is overrated and QBs who come out of that system have a tendency to suck in the pros. Wilson is good but not good enough to give up as much as it would take to get him at 2. At this point I want them to just stay put and see how things work out. I'm thinking that Fields, Lance, or Wilson one HAS to fall to us.

55 minutes ago, SazmoRanger said:

For the one guy talking about the Jags not taking TL... Why do you think the Jets are sticking with Darnold and trading out of the 2nd pick? Because TL won’t be available... If by some stupid ass miracle the Jags don’t take TL(will never happen), the Jets then wouldn’t trade the pick and they’d grab TL... 

Fixed it.

53 minutes ago, Prowler2k18 said:

If the Jets are sticking with Darnold, there’s a good chance that either Fields, Lance or Wilson will fall as Cincy, Miami and Philly already have their QBs. The wildcard would be Atlanta. I’d play the odds that one of them will fall in our laps rather than pay a king’s ransom to move up. Doesn’t make sense with this talent deficient roster.

Agreed. I’d love for the Jets to stick with Darnold as it makes it much more probabl that a QB we like is available. I definitely don’t want to trade up to 2. That would be way too costly. 

58 minutes ago, Reebis21 said:

Based on your previous comments, what is your percentages for the Jets passing on TL if he fell to them?? Cuz I feel none of this discussion even matters...Lawrence would be a Jet in a heartbeat

The only way this works is if the Jets traded the pick before Jacksonville picks, which would not be a smart move. If Jacksonville shocks the world and takes Fields, you'd already have the Jets pick. 

I would love to have Trevor Lawrence. It's not happening.

2 hours ago, Zod said:

Hard pass. I no longer would want to trade up to number 2. Cost is way too much and Lawrence won't be there. 

You say that, but I could see the Jacksonville Jaggen it up.  If Urban Meyer falls in love with a QB, I could see them do it.  Heck, just a few years ago Darnold or Rosen was considered good for the #1 pick, NO ONE thought Baker was the choice until like a week before the draft when it was confirmed by the browns.

Archived