• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Seattle and Carolina Records and Draft Orders: A comparison

CarolinaSunday

All pissing about the past GMs aside... there's one thing I hope to see in my lifetime that is in that first chart for the Seachickens.

I want us to have the last pick of the first round at least once before I go the way of the dodo, and not as the result of any trades. I think we can all agree on that one, right?

5 minutes ago, Raskle said:

All pissing about the past GMs aside... there's one thing I hope to see in my lifetime that is in that first chart for the Seachickens.

I want us to have the last pick of the first round at least once before I go the way of the dodo, and not as the result of any trades. I think we can all agree on that one, right?

My health has been such that I've started a January or two not entirely confident I was going to see December.

So yeah, I'd like to see us win soon.

4 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Yeah, the reason was Jerry Richardson.

Gettleman being fired didn't have anything to do with win-loss records. He presided over the most successful stretch in team history to date. But then Jerry gave us back the gift of Marty Hurney and...ugh.

Regardless, here's hoping the best is yet to come.

bringing back marty was the single most idiotic executive decision made in the history of this franchise period. the last 7 offseasons he has run produced no winning record, no playoff berth. nothing but mediocrity at best.

9 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

So far, no back to back winning seasons, no Lombardi Trophy for any of our GMs.

Being the best GM in Panthers franchise history is like being king of the dipshits. 

The new guy has a relatively low bar to meet in order to claim the title of Best GM Ever. 

Sad, but true.

I used to dream of us having a perfect Super Bowl record. Now we're already two in the hole.

Twenty-five plus years of hoping, fifteen of those under a GM who had no idea what he was doing...

Low bar... indeed.

5 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

The departure of Gettleman was a mistake. The return of Hurney was a disaster.

Had we moved on to someone competent, that would have been okay. But given that we had an owner who wasn't competent, that wasn't going to happen.

Now, thankfully, it looks like we finally have, but I think all of us could have done without wasting the last four years.

Agree on Hurney, disagree on Gettleman.  He was trash and we were honestly lucky he was cash-strapped cause the minute he got a tiny bit of salary cap to work with, we ended up with the Matt Kalil albatross.  Once he inevitably gets fired in NY, I wouldn't mind if we hired him as Senior Director of FA Dumpster Diving or something but that's about it.

It's really weird how me talking about Hurney's role in grooming Brandon Beane was met with "He's gone...HE'S GONE.  Get over it, he's never coming back, he's not relevant to this team anymore, he was fired" yadda yadda 3 weeks after his firing...meanwhile you've jumped in about 8 different threads in the past week arguing about how Gettleman was the greatest GM in franchise history and firing him was a huge mistake, 4 years after his firing.  Jesus...maybe take your own advice lol.

19 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

Agree on Hurney, disagree on Gettleman.  He was trash and we were honestly lucky he was cash-strapped cause the minute he got a tiny bit of salary cap to work with, we ended up with the Matt Kalil albatross.  Once he inevitably gets fired in NY, I wouldn't mind if we hired him as Senior Director of FA Dumpster Diving or something but that's about it.

It's really weird how me talking about Hurney's role in grooming Brandon Beane was met with "He's gone...HE'S GONE.  Get over it, he's never coming back, he's not relevant to this team anymore, he was fired" yadda yadda 3 weeks after his firing...meanwhile you've jumped in about 8 different threads in the past week arguing about how Gettleman was the greatest GM in franchise history and firing him was a huge mistake, 4 years after his firing.  Jesus...maybe take your own advice lol.

I told you, Mr. Scot has a hard on well past 4 hours for Nippleshorts. 

They both fuging sucked. Who cares who was "better?" I don't stare into the toilet after a morning poo and judge which turds have floated and which have sunk. 

1 hour ago, GoobyPls said:

Funny thing about the Seahawks as that most fans would tell you they have been terrible at drafting. They are great at picking up free agents and making trades.

Well, if we can build the kind of consistency that Seattle has been able to maintain, I don't care how we do it. I'll take their place in the bottom 10 of the draft order ever year with glee.

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

They both fuging sucked. Who cares who was "better?" I don't stare into the toilet after a morning poo and judge which turds have floated and which have sunk. 

And here I thought we got past that.

3 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Comment of the day 

9 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Gettleman was better than Hurney but he still pretty much sucked. Being better than Hurney is a very low bar to clear.

Granted...very low. Kinda like being a better owner than Jerry Richardson.

There's no way to know how good Fitterer will be just yet, but at the least I can say that for the first time in a long time, I feel hopeful going into an offseason.

Over the past few seasons, it was pretty much just "Well, what's it gonna be this year?"

Archived