• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2021 Senior Bowl

Untouchable

18 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

If he does really well in Mobile, he could end up as a late first or 2nd round pick. It's not unheard of for a QB to make a big jump up after the Senior Bowl.

If we miss out on the top 4 QB’s, I wouldn’t mine trading back add another second or third then selecting Newman.

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

If he does really well in Mobile, he could end up as a late first or 2nd round pick. It's not unheard of for a QB to make a big jump up after the Senior Bowl.

Yeah I kind of want either Lance or Newman. Both seem very gifted with a high ceiling. I want to see what our staff can do with a player like that...

• Pie 2

5 hours ago, MHS831 said:

Just scanning the roster for the first time---I think the Panthers' coaching staff will like the following players:

Tre Smith, G Tennessee

Paddy Fisher, LB Northwestern

William Bradley-King Edge Baylor (Because he played at Baylor)

Marvin Wilson, DT Florida State (interesting because they will get to see his work ethic and learn his attitude a bit--he has dropped considerably---why?

Dude is a tackling machine.  I've been mocking him some.  He has  the size and production, I want to know how he is as an athlete and most importantly, his 40 time.  You know Combine stuff. 🙄

• Pie 1

45 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Dude is a tackling machine.  I've been mocking him some.  He has  the size and production, I want to know how he is as an athlete and most importantly, his 40 time.  You know Combine stuff. 🙄

I love him--and since we are not running the Tampa 2, I wonder if we need the coverage skills he lacks?  I dunno--wish I knew more about it, but Chinn was "that guy" when we needed a LBish player to cover the seam.   I need to go back and watch some video, but that is how I recall it. 

I like Werner (Ohio State) and Landman (Colorado) too.  They are just nasty, smart, somewhat limited MLBs.  They do not cover that well, but they are in the box, in your face, etc.

Edited by MHS831

2 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I love him--and since we are not running the Tampa 2, I wonder if we need the coverage skills he lacks?  I dunno--wish I knew more about it, but Chinn was "that guy" when we needed a LBish player to cover the seam.   I need to go back and watch some video, but that is how I recall it. 

I don't think anyone really has pegged his round yet. I've seen early 4th all the way to UDFA.  I'm figuring 4th or 5th depending on the Senior Bowl and his Pro day.  He seems to play fast, but you know teams like to see prospects in isolated drills and get quantifiable measurements/times.

Around the 4th and 5th rounds is range where I'm looking for C/G/ILB/TE.  Fisher would be a nice get somewhere in there.

3 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

I think there is a very good chance he could end up being QB6 or 7.  If 4 QB go in the top 10 I could see #7 not making it past the 2nd round.

5 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

Yeah I kind of want either Lance or Newman. Both seem very gifted with a high ceiling. I want to see what our staff can do with a player like that...

JT O'Sullivan shredded Newman on his YT channel 'QB School'.

Well, as much as he shreds anyone - seems to want to keep on the good side of everyone.