• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam Howell

In my opinion, Sam Howell is better than both Zach Wilson and Trey Lance. I would potentially be in favor of trading back a lot, acquiring multiple first round picks and day 2 picks in order to get a potential haul ready to trade up for the number 1 overall slot next year. Sam Howell would not only be a fan favorite but could make a difference better than both Wilson and Lance. 

Would y'all be willing to wait a year for Howell? I certainly would. 

4 minutes ago, Charlotte_Sports_Hub said:

In my opinion, Sam Howell is better than both Zach Wilson and Trey Lance. I would potentially be in favor of trading back a lot, acquiring multiple first round picks and day 2 picks in order to get a potential haul ready to trade up for the number 1 overall slot next year. Sam Howell would not only be a fan favorite but could make a difference better than both Wilson and Lance. 

There will still be a lot of QB needy teams next year.

One of those will have the #1 pick. Betting they will move off of it for any price is a long shot.

6 minutes ago, Charlotte_Sports_Hub said:

Lance's ceiling is far higher than Howell's. I probably like Howell a bit more than Wilson, currently. 

Trying to trade into a far, far, far, far, far weaker QB draft and hope you get a player isn't smart. The idea of targeting a player that may be a top 10 player in the NEXT draft isn't very logical.

You make decisions on THIS draft based on THIS draft, not on who may or may not be in the next one.

I agree Howell looks like he’s going to be great. Far better than anyone not named Lawrence this year (and maybe better than Lawrence) and I’m not a UNC stan, I don’t really follow any college ball until draft season. But based on the videos I’ve watched of all the top prospects this year and Howell, Howell is ridiculously impressive. 

With that said, it’s unlikely we’d be able to accrue enough draft capital to be able to move up and get him next year unless Teddy is our QB again and sinks out season even worse next year than he did this year. And by that point I don’t know how much I’d be able to stomach of football any more. I’d rather go get Wilson this year. 

Let's say say even if we do that, trade back and obtain multiple 1st round picks (let's say 2 max)...how do we even know that the team with the #1 overall pick would be willing to trade instead of getting their own QB of the future.  Would you trade down from the #1 pick instead of getting your future QB?

Howell makes reads, has good footwork, good pocket presence, can make all the throws from fastballs to touch passes and has the biggest arm I’ve seen in a while. The ball just leaps off his hands. The only QB this year that has that combination of skills is Lawrence, and he doesn’t have the arm Howell does. 

Archived