• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Joe Brady is leaving ??

Calboyz13

1 minute ago, Varking said:

Why are people mad at Brady for taking interviews for a promotion? Y’all never worked in a corporate setting? You interview for jobs you know you aren’t getting to keep your name out there. It’s part of the process. 

I don’t get it either. I don’t really think interviewing for your dream job which is a promotion and fat raises equates to “it’s obvious he doesn’t want to be here”. For all y’all know no amount of money could get him to leave Carolina unless it’s a HC gig. 

4 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Brady might be the least qualified candidate to ever become a head coach at the NFL level and it won’t even be close. 

That's pretty close to accurate. Because his name has been tied to Payton and LSU he's some how become a guru. I think the guy has some cool approaches to the game but clock management and game flow was a bit rookie last year. I think it shows how really desperate teams are to find a quality coach these days. 

1 minute ago, Snake said:

That's pretty close to accurate. Because his name has been tied to Payton and LSU he's some how become a guru. I think the guy has some cool approaches to the game but clock management and game flow was a bit rookie last year. I think it shows how really desperate teams are to find a quality coach these days. 

And yet someone like Eric Bienemey looks like he will go another offseason without getting a shot. It is really strange what teams do. The fact Joe Brady is even getting these interviews is ridiculous. He’s been a coordinator at ANY level for one season, and frankly the results weren’t even that great. I was HOPING the Falcons would hire him because I was extremely confident given his lack of experience and time in the NFL, it would be a colossal failure.

We will see if some team is naive enough to think a guy with that little experience can be a head coach. Maybe if he was paired up with a very experienced senior coach like Wade Phillips, it might have a chance at success, but could tear a locker room apart with guys seeing Wade as the real head coach. Time will tell.

26 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

That’s what I’m saying I’m done with him. Damn how is this guy after one year getting more interviews than EB of the Chiefs I will never understand 

Brady had some good ideas but he made a lot of bone headed play calls last year. I'm surprised he's getting this much hype but Adam gase got a job too somehow

12 minutes ago, hepcat said:

And yet someone like Eric Bienemey looks like he will go another offseason without getting a shot. It is really strange what teams do. The fact Joe Brady is even getting these interviews is ridiculous. He’s been a coordinator at ANY level for one season, and frankly the results weren’t even that great. I was HOPING the Falcons would hire him because I was extremely confident given his lack of experience and time in the NFL, it would be a colossal failure.

We will see if some team is naive enough to think a guy with that little experience can be a head coach. Maybe if he was paired up with a very experienced senior coach like Wade Phillips, it might have a chance at success, but could tear a locker room apart with guys seeing Wade as the real head coach. Time will tell.

I’ve had a couple of thoughts on this. Andy Reid is considered to be a QB whisperer and I think he gets credit sometimes when it may not be deserved. Likewise, Mahomes is a freak of nature talented QB and I think he gets some of the credit when it should fall to EB. Add to that the talent of Hill and Kelce and I think he might be getting considered the product of the players. That said without a doubt I think he should be getting calls to be an NFL HC. EB was on my short list last year. 

With regard to Brady I think he’s riding the LSU hype. I knew it wasn’t going to be long because he was a hot commodity last year when Rhule added him. He’s young, energetic, and could be the next Sean Mcvay.