• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Joe Brady is leaving ??

Calboyz13

I don't get some of the venom, either.  It's not like the guy started World War 47 here and then left or was sent packing.  If you want that, hire Josh McDaniels.

Somebody asked about Beville.  He is the guy who called the infamous pass from the Pats 1 against their goal line defense in the Seahawks' loss in the Super Bowl.  A bad play call is one thing, and it happens.  His rationale was curious, as there were less than 30 seconds left, and he decided against the run because he became obsessed with ensuring they had three more cracks at getting it in and leaving Brady with no time left.  He also didn't like the run against the Pats' goal line defense (despite the fact the Pats were gassed and not stopping Lynch), but then called an slant into it instead of an out route or fade.  And as for leaving Brady no time left, the ball was snapped with 26 seconds left.

What he did after that was worse.  He spent weeks blaming everybody except himself for the result.  He should have been fired about two days after the loss, not because of the call or the result, but the fact he was throwing everybody under the bus when it was pretty obvious who should have been eating the crow.  The team from hell is McDaniels as head coach and Beville as OC. 

If you have solid to good coaches, or hot names as coaches, teams are going to try and hire them away.  That's the way this works.  I don't think Brady is anywhere near ready to be an NFL HC, but I'd much rather have a steady stream and be quietly grooming the next guy than have nobody interested in anybody on our staff.  Somebody moving on for a promotion is not normally an indication of lack of commitment.

• Pie 3

11 minutes ago, Sgt Schultz said:

I don't get some of the venom, either.  It's not like the guy started World War 47 here and then left or was sent packing.  If you want that, hire Josh McDaniels.

Somebody asked about Beville.  He is the guy who called the infamous pass from the Pats 1 against their goal line defense in the Seahawks' loss in the Super Bowl.  A bad play call is one thing, and it happens.  His rationale was curious, as there were less than 30 seconds left, and he decided against the run because he became obsessed with ensuring they had three more cracks at getting it in and leaving Brady with no time left.  He also didn't like the run against the Pats' goal line defense (despite the fact the Pats were gassed and not stopping Lynch), but then called an slant into it instead of an out route or fade.  And as for leaving Brady no time left, the ball was snapped with 26 seconds left.

What he did after that was worse.  He spent weeks blaming everybody except himself for the result.  He should have been fired about two days after the loss, not because of the call or the result, but the fact he was throwing everybody under the bus when it was pretty obvious who should have been eating the crow.  The team from hell is McDaniels as head coach and Beville as OC. 

If you have solid to good coaches, or hot names as coaches, teams are going to try and hire them away.  That's the way this works.  I don't think Brady is anywhere near ready to be an NFL HC, but I'd much rather have a steady stream and be quietly grooming the next guy than have nobody interested in anybody on our staff.  Somebody moving on for a promotion is not normally an indication of lack of commitment.

I know some people think that call was on Pete Carroll. Don't really know, but it's possible.

One thing I do know: Before that game, Bevell was a rockstar who was getting head coaching looks. Since then, he just hasn't been the same. It makes me wonder if that loss broke him somehow.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

I know some people think that call was on Pete Carroll. Don't really know, but it's possible.

One thing I do know: Before that game, Bevell was a rockstar who was getting head coaching looks. Since then, he just hasn't been the same. It makes me wonder if that loss broke him somehow.

I'm not sure it was the loss as much as his reaction afterwards.  That is what sticks with me.  The receiver didn't fight hard enough (defender simply undercut it and beat him to the spot), it was a great call (clearly not, for a number of reasons), etc, etc. 

You can't be a hot commodity as a HC and blame everybody else for failures.  Rivera got by with it, but his market after Carolina may have been limited to where he wound up.  His blame sessions were not nearly as nationally aired as Bevell's.  Add the fact that Bevell's continued for weeks or even months later and never changed did not give anyone cause to believe it was just an outburst out of frustration.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Relevant to Brady and anybody else interviewing for the Eagles job the team according to Mike Garafolo, the team is making clear to all their interviewees that they want Carson Wentz back next season.

Makes me wonder if they planted try and deal Jalen Hurts.

At least we don’t have to worry about eagles drafting a qb

12 minutes ago, Martin said:

I don’t get it with Bienemy either, but Brady has 1 more year of calling plays than him.

How much is Reid vs. Bienemy? For Panthers it is 100% Brady.

Again, Bienemy should have a HC job by now. Just an interesting thought. 

I've heard speculation that his interviews have gone poorly but I really don't know how seriously to take that. Could easily be bullsh-t.

What is valid though is that working under a coaching genius has hurt a lot of guys' prospects in the past. Is that fair? Probably not, but it's at least somewhat understandable.

Specific to Reid though, he has a good coaching tree but guys like Matt Nagy and even Doug Pederson probably aren't exactly helping Bieniemy right now.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 2

Being reported that the Eagles are expected to interview Josh McDaniels for HC job. He’s already starting to assemble a staff, so this has some traction and will be worth watching.

This means Brady’s options are dwindling and in all likelihood he’ll be retuning as OC. 

Edited by Prowler2k18

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

I've heard speculation that his interviews have gone poorly but I really don't know how seriously to take that. Could easily be bullsh-t.

What is valid though is that working under a coaching genius has hurt a lot of guys' prospects in the past. Is that fair? Probably not, but it's at least somewhat understandable.

Specific to Reid though, he has a good coaching tree but guys like Matt Nagy and even Doug Pederson probably aren't exactly helping Bieniemy right now.

Here's the thing, the entire NFL isn't racist. They're not dismissing Bieniemy because he's black.

We don't know what happens in the interviews, but even looking at his coaching record it's hardly stellar - 14 years as a RB Coach? 3 years as an NFL OC? In a system where we're not clear how much input Reid has on the playcalling / game planning?

I mean people are acting like it's a huge injustice - he's relatively green. His resume doesn't blow you away. 

40 minutes ago, Prowler2k18 said:

Being reported that the Eagles are expected to interview Josh McDaniels for HC job. He’s already starting to assemble a staff, so this has some traction and will be worth watching.

This means Brady’s options are dwindling and in all likelihood he’ll be retuning as OC. 

Booooo, just leave Brady!

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Heard the same thing on WFNZ this. Kyle Bailey said rumor from Mint Street was Eric Bienemy’s interview with Tepper didn’t go well at all. In fact, it went so poorly, Tepper offerd the opportunity to continue the interview the next day and apparently it didn’t help. If true, it’s a sham but some guys are just not cut out to be the head honcho.

9 minutes ago, Prowler2k18 said:

Heard the same thing on WFNZ this. Kyle Bailey said rumor from Mint Street was Eric Bienemy’s interview with Tepper didn’t go well at all. In fact, it went so poorly, Tepper offerd the opportunity to continue the interview the next day and apparently it didn’t help. If true, it’s a sham but some guys are just not cut out to be the head honcho.

Part of that could have been that Bieniemy mentioned really wanting to work with Newton.

Tepper felt differently.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1