• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Former Panthers great Dan Morgan vouches for mentor and friend Scott Fitterer

CHARLOTTE – There are a lot of things to know about new Panthers general manager Scott Fitterer.

(We intend to tell you many.)

But let's start here. According to former Panthers linebacker Dan Morgan, Fitterer is the kind of guy you can shoot off some fireworks with.

Morgan, now the Bills' player personnel director, first met Fitterer when he joined the Seahawks as a scouting intern in 2010. Fitterer was ascending the college side of the scouting department there, but was eager to help teach the new guy about the business.

"He was very helpful to me when I first got there," Morgan said. "All those guys were really good with me early on, but he took me under his wing when I was new and was willing to let me pick his brain about college scouting and what he did.

"He's good at a lot of things, but first and foremost, he's just a great guy."

View the full article on Panthers.com

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

Yeah, this could be something to watch if, say, a new position were to come available in our front office.

From the article:

The professional respect is clear, but it's hard for Morgan to draw the line between his friend and his former co-worker.

Fitterer's a guy who helped teach him the scouting business, but he's also the guy he travels with in the offseason, building the kind of relationship that develops as you pack the cars and hit the road together.

Just before he moved to Buffalo in 2018, Morgan and his family went to the Oregon coast with Fitterer and his family, just a couple of dads on vacation with the wives and kids, shooting off Fourth of July fireworks and having a great time.

"He's just a cool dude," Morgan said. "You guys are going to love him. And, he's going to do a great job."

Edited by Mr. Scot

"I think he's going to be a great leader for the Panthers because of the way he works with people," Morgan said. "He knows how to communicate, how to delegate authority, and how to treat people with respect through the organization.”

The anti Nipple Shorts

• Pie 6
2 minutes ago, Reebis21 said:

"I think he's going to be a great leader for the Panthers because of the way he works with people," Morgan said. "He knows how to communicate, how to delegate authority, and how to treat people with respect through the organization.”

The anti Nipple Shorts

It's crazy how that guy single handedly fuged several of our seasons just out of pure ego.

• Beer 1

Kinda wonder if there's any chance of bringing his old colleague Trent Kirchner along in the future.

Back when they had "co-director" titles, Fitterer was mainly over college scouting while Kirchner was over the pro side. While they mingled their duties a lot, those were their respective specialties. Throw in that Kirchner has a history with the Panthers.

It'd be a pretty difficult thing to make happen though. Kirchner has GM opportunities of his own, and Seattle isn't going to want to let him go for anything else. About the only shot you'd have would be if his contract expired and he wanted to come here.

Edited by Mr. Scot
6 minutes ago, top dawg said:

This new bot is the best we've had! 

Sure it's a bot? I figured it might be one of the social media team.

If I recall correctly, the initial use of this account was to say sort of a "thank you" to the fans a few years back.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Sure it's a bot? I figured it might be one of the social media team.

If I recall correctly, the initial use of this account was to say sort of a "thank you" to the fans a few years back.

Hmm, nice to know!

2 minutes ago, Monrowed said:

Are we sure that Igo is not sharing the API?

It's actually some rogue code in Igo's website that has become self aware and has taken up the persona of The Carolina Panther.

• Pie 3
41 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

It's actually some rogue code in Igo's website that has become self aware and has taken up the persona of The Carolina Panther.

“I’m sorry Jeremy, I’m afraid I can’t do that.”

Edited by bythenbrs
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 1
  • The D 1
2 hours ago, Zod said:

I was waiting for this story. Hopefully Dan will be here someday. 

Was waiting to read this too.

I know Mac from the mac attack on WFNZ knows Dan through the time with local media and having him on the show before.

Mac mentioned Thursday that Morgan txtd him glowing about Fitterer.

Really sounds like we hit a homerun.

Big thing here.  While we all wanted Peters.  Fitterer may have been the best for us, with his experience with a Former College HC who wanted a Fair Share of control, which is very much like Rhule.