• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Opinions on a cheaper quarterback option

Mr. Scot

(pure speculation initiated)

Mike Garafolo is reporting that the Eagles are telling all their head coaching prospects that they want to bring Carson Wentz back next season.

Makes me wonder what they plan to do with Jalen Hurts.

I've watched very little of Hurts as a pro (truthfully, there hasn't been all that much to see) but he did seem to jumpstart the Eagles offense when they put him in.

I also remember what happened to him in college, but I don't know how much you can count that in current evaluations.

So I'm wondering, if the Eagles were to decide to move on from Hurts to minimize potential quarterback controversies, are you interested in bringing him here and what kind of offer sounds reasonable?

(obviously a lot less than you'd have to offer for Watson, so there's that)

If we go after a current QB I hope it’s Stafford. Obviously more expensive than Hurts but the guy puts up HoF numbers (minus playoff wins) in the probably worst run franchise in the NFL. And he’s only 32. I think he’d throw for 4500 a season for another 4-6 years with DJ and CMC 

15 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

If we go after a current QB I hope it’s Stafford. Obviously more expensive than Hurts but the guy puts up HoF numbers (minus playoff wins) in the probably worst run franchise in the NFL. And he’s only 32. I think he’d throw for 4500 a season for another 4-6 years with DJ and CMC 

There is a lot of speculation about Stafford being on his way out of Detroit.

I'm not his biggest fan, but you never know.

IIRC, we were interested in Hurts last year leading up to the draft. I don't see him as a franchise QB and he reminds me of a less-impactful RGIII. 

I think PJ Walker is a better prospect and just needs more reps to work out his kinks. The way PJ was used towards the end of the year was frustrating.

22 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

Been saying this for a month. Get Stafford, and use picks to build a line in front of him. 

Patriots wanted Teddy last offseason, maybe we can work a deal to send him there for a pick or somebody like Joe Thuney to play guard

6 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Been saying this for a month. Get Stafford, and use picks to build a line in front of him. 

Patriots wanted Teddy last offseason, maybe we can work a deal to send him there for a pick or somebody like Joe Thuney to play guard

No thx. He will be 33 when the season starts and we are not a vet QB away from competing. Why dump heavy money on a non-mobile QB that is on the descent to his trajectory vs. a QB on a rookie deal for the next 4 years or building one more year of assets before finding our franchise signal caller in '22. 

This process was never meant to be a 1 or 2 year deal. Rhule and Co. are playing the long game and, IMO, Stafford doesn't fit that. 

I could see Stafford in Indy, Chicago or SF....much closer to competing for a deep playoff run.

6 minutes ago, Soul Rebel said:

No thx. He will be 33 when the season starts and we are not a vet QB away from competing. Why dump heavy money on a non-mobile QB that is on the descent to his trajectory vs. a QB on a rookie deal for the next 4 years or building one more year of assets before finding our franchise signal caller in '22. 

This process was never meant to be a 1 or 2 year deal. Rhule and Co. are playing the long game and, IMO, Stafford doesn't fit that. 

I could see Stafford in Indy, Chicago or SF....much closer to competing for a deep playoff run.

We're in the playoffs this year with Stafford instead of Teddy.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Honestly, if QB doesn't go the right way for us in the draft this wouldn't be the worst idea if we could get him for a mid-round pick. I'd rather take a chance on Hurts than roll with Teddy again. 

Since he's been brought up here, what about Stafford?

Archived