• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Speaking of Dan Morgan and Fitterer...

blueandblackattack

1 minute ago, Ship said:

With Chinn aiming for DROTY I’d say pretty good

What does Luke have to do with Chinn? Luke is a pro scout for us, he's essentially just watching film of our opponents to try to pick things/tendencies up to help us gameplan for them... Sure he kind of mentored him at times and gave him some tips but I wouldn't read a ton into that.

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, Jared Patterson said:

So we won't have our assistant GM that Tepper wants, or any of the new scouts before the draft? Why wouldn't we?

Time frame and contracts.

Scouts and personnel people are going to be busy pretty soon. It's easier to just go with the people we have for now.

That, plus these days a lot of front office and scouting people's contracts expire around draft time 

9 minutes ago, Jared Patterson said:

So we won't have our assistant GM that Tepper wants, or any of the new scouts before the draft? Why wouldn't we?

Because Black Monday for scouts and personnel is the day after the Draft. Thats the end of the 'season' for them. Right now they're knee deep in their teams scouting so it'd be a hard ask to have one jump to another team while they're so busy getting ready for the draft. Only reason why GM's are the exception is because they set the standard, and they're needed to make decisions and plan for free agency as well.

Mr. Scott, or someone else that knows about front office stuff.... Is there a good chance of us hiring Dan Morgan? I would think he would rather live in Charlotte and if Joe Person is already saying it, he must be hearing some sort of rumors from within the building right? Appreciate a response if possible here, really interested. Thank guys!

1 hour ago, Jared Patterson said:

Mr. Scott, or someone else that knows about front office stuff.... Is there a good chance of us hiring Dan Morgan? I would think he would rather live in Charlotte and if Joe Person is already saying it, he must be hearing some sort of rumors from within the building right? Appreciate a response if possible here, really interested. Thank guys!

He's not necessarily hearing a rumor. Just connecting the dots.

Yeah, it's possible. But it might not happen quickly.