• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rapoport: Panthers expected to be in the mix for Watson.

22 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I know that I am late to the party, but the Jets and Dolphins--are they not 2 teams that have confirmed an intent to stay with their struggling first round draft pick QBs?  (Not sure what Philly is saying about Wentz/Hurts).

This seems to be speculation based on an assumption that Houston would be drafting a QB this year--he knew Jax is not trading.  Atlanta has Ryan for now, Cincinnati wants Sewell, one might expect.  Philly is a very wild card, but they could trade Wentz for Watson--or Hurts.  Detroit?  Nah.  So Carolina is an obvious choice/guess.

If Jax and Houston weren't in the same division they would make perfect trade partners. Jax gets a guy they know can play while they have a dickload of draft picks including 2 in each round except the 6th which is unreal.  They also have the most cap space.  

Edited by Moo Daeng

...Moose said today it would take CMC, Bridge(given), this year and next years 1st rounder at a minimum...i think that is too steep for a boarder line big mouth like Watson who is teetering on coming off as AntonioB...rule one...be smart enough to keep your mouth out of social media or you risk be a problem here....be interesting to see how Fritterer views this.

Edited by Pimpdaddy

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Dude. Give it a rest or take it to the TB. We're not returning to the days of half the threads on this forum getting derailed by race baiting.

I’m not race baiting. I’m giving y’all the truth. It’s not even entirely about race. It’s more about relationships. If you don’t understand the relationship between Cam and Deshaun then I can’t articulate it any better for you. He’s not coming to a team that fuged over his mentor. It’s that simple. Y’all can have fun speculating but it’s not happening. poo on my posts all day long. Doesn’t change the facts. 

4 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Why would any tram want Teddy and his salary? He's not a trade asset. We'd be lucky to get anything for him.

His salary is not bad at all and would be essentially a one year contract for the Texans. He has value as a bridge QB if they hypothetically drafted a QB like Trey lance with the 8th pick they acquire; it would give them an opportunity to slowly implement the rookie qb into the offense. Which has value, I’m not saying it’s worth a crazy amount(look at Nick Foles,) but I personally think panther fans are much lower on Teddy then the rest of the league would be in a hypothetical trade. 

8 hours ago, WarPanthers89 said:

Who wouldn’t love you have him?? It would be amazing. 

Reality though is that we don’t have the Cap or the assets to get him.

Cap hit this year would only be 10.5 million. Next year would be 35 million but our cap situation will be much better. Earn that money Fitterer.

Edited by Little Goody Two Shoes

1 minute ago, shaq said:

His salary is not bad at all and would be essentially a one year contract for the Texans. He has value as a bridge QB if they hypothetically drafted a QB like Trey lance with the 8th pick they acquire; it would give them an opportunity to slowly implement the rookie qb into the offense. Which has value, I’m not saying it’s worth a crazy amount(look at Nick Foles,) but I personally think panther fans are much lower on Teddy then the rest of the league would be in a hypothetical trade. 

His salary is terrible for a backup QB and that's what Teddy is.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, shaq said:

Why would they want to make the same mistake as the Panthers and overpay a backup to be a bridge to the starter they just took. And give up anything of trade value for it?