• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rapoport: Panthers expected to be in the mix for Watson.

Just now, cardiackat88. said:

UGH....

Stop suggesting any type of trade for him, AT ALL.

There are WAY too many holes to fill, and spending all our capitol is not a realistic option.

A lot of you keep complaining "He had no team around him"...it will be even worse if you trade the farm for him and bring him here. 

I'm not sure you understand what having a QB of Deshauns caliber means for a team. We could draft top 5 for the next 5 years and not match it 

• Pie 7
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

but a All Pro QB for year's to come and wide open salary cap. Not sure the issue here. This is an exact situation where a GM proves he is worth the big bucks.

It’s not a wide open salary cap with the contract he signed. Look at my post right below your post that I jusy quoted and tell How you would fill these holes with his contract this year or in the future along with Teddys 20+ million and be able to compete (because that’s the entire goal).

Just now, Zod said:

I'm not sure you understand what having a QB of Deshauns caliber means for a team. We could draft top 5 for the next 5 years and not match it 

We have about 15 major holes to fill while Watson takes a Cam caliber beating, I am just not sold.

Have patience and work the draft will lots of accumulated capitol, as there is plenty of talent to uncover without having to used top 5 rated talent, which isn't always guranteed.

• Flames 2

Just now, cardiackat88. said:

We have about 15 major holes to fill while Watson takes a Cam caliber beating, I am just not sold.

Have patience and work the draft will lots of accumulated capitol, as there is plenty of talent to uncover without having to used top 5 rated talent, which isn't always guranteed.

This team has some odd fans. Get a top 5 QB? No. Let’s build through the draft and hope we hit on a QB! Yay! Let’s also win a meaningless game! Hurray! 

DeShauns worth the next 3 first rounders if I’m honest. 

• Pie 7
  • Poo 1

1 minute ago, WarPanthers89 said:

It’s not a wide open salary cap with the contract he signed. Look at my post right below your post that I jusy quoted and tell How you would fill these holes with his contract this year or in the future along with Teddys 20+ million and be able to compete (because that’s the entire goal).

The salary cap would be wide open, especially after this year. And as I posted in another message on this thread, we wouldnt keep Watson at the current contract, we'd extend. Every single team who would trade for watson would do this. Pending on what players were dealt in this deal, we could create a massive cap gap. Also, the cap opens up extremely after this year.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, nctarheelreincarnated said:

This team has some odd fans. Get a top 5 QB? No. Let’s build through the draft and hope we hit on a QB! Yay! Let’s also win a meaningless game! Hurray! 

DeShauns worth the next 3 first rounders if I’m honest. 

Fine.

Trade a king's ransom for him.

Let him take the beating of the lifetime with a shitty o-line.

Let the defense suck even worse for years to come with crummy CB play, weak pass rush, and blown assignments.

Hell lets just become the Cowboys by doing dumb poo like this.

Sounds like a great plan, you've sold me hook, line, and sinker :eyeroll:

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

Here is a list of teams in the 2020 draft WHO DID NOT HAVE A FIRST ROUND DRAFT PICK:

1. Bills
2. Steelers
3. Colts
4. Rams
5. Bears

:thinking:

4 out of 5 teams who made bold moves to get the player they wanted by offering a first round pick..... had winning seasons and ended up in the playoffs. You see a player worth the risk, you take the risk.

Edited by TheCasillas
  • Pie 5
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1