• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rapoport: Panthers expected to be in the mix for Watson.

Just now, joemac said:

2 firsts, Teddy B and CMC.

Not enough draft capital, IMO. With Teddy, they probably want an extra pick or two just to take him. It's unlikely they do anything but cut him. For a team with cap trouble, he doesn't make sense to have.

Frankly, they might not be even remotely interested in CMC because of their cap situation. 

1 hour ago, woahfraze said:

People get paid to write three paragraphs of opinion that 1) is pure speculation and 2) doesn't provide any detailed supporting evidence for the assertion? I'm in the wrong line of work.

He may be right or he may be wrong, but how about a breakdown of our available assets and analysis of why they wouldn't be enough?  We have plenty in the coffer should we decide to use them.  Just because Miami or some other team has more doesn't mean they are willing to use them all.  

And this WHOLE THREAD is based off an opinion of Rap, lol. He just went ... um ... family ... um ... Clemson ... OH! He has no inside scoop on what Watson wants.

1 hour ago, jfra78 said:

2 posts above and throw in Bridgewater

You guys need to let your hate for Teddy go. NO TEAM will want him. He's stuck here unless we eat the cap money and let him walk.

32 minutes ago, Mister said:

HE LOVES THE CAROLINAS  he was the best at clemson , hell want to come back here . remember the little things mean alot to dehsuan , he wants the family oriented team that the panthers and carolina brings , just sit back and well get watson 

Actually, he was quoted as saying he wants a WINNING CULTURE. Not a troll line by me. He was quoted as saying that.

That all said, how many of you big shots who would give up anything (including our best offensive player) would give up ... Chinn?

26 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Also not entirely accurate.

The Rams didn't just give those picks away. They traded them for returns (Jalen Ramsey, for example).

You mean like we would be doing to get Watson? I don’t get the point you’re trying to make. We would not just be “throwing them away” either. 

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

Not enough draft capital, IMO. With Teddy, they probably want an extra pick or two just to take him. It's unlikely they do anything but cut him. For a team with cap trouble, he doesn't make sense to have.

Frankly, they might not be even remotely interested in CMC because of their cap situation. 

Yeah, I honestly don't think Teddy is a trade asset at all.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Why wouldn't they be? We're a non-conference opponent. 

You really think that's enough to merit serious consideration?

There are a dozen other factors and a load of them are not in our favor.

I get the desire to have a franchise quarterback but reading this thread I feel like I'm watching a masterclass in rationalization.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

You really think that's enough to merit serious consideration?

There are a dozen other factors and a load of them are not in our favor.

I get the desire to have a franchise quarterback but reading this thread I feel like I'm watching a masterclass in rationalization.

All I'm saying is that lots of teams avoid trading star playing in conference. We're not in conference. That's it.

You obviously don't want to consider making a deal for Watson and that's fine, but you sure are doing a lot of twisting of words in here.

18 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

There is 2 NFC teams and 1 AFC team that watson has on his list. The Jets thing is interesting bc they should be a dark horse more than a likelihood. We have no idea if Watson wants to play there. There are rumblings that he wanted to play with Saleh, so there is that. 

I dont see the Texans trading him to AFC as a first choice, bc they are automatically eliminating a playoff spot by doing that. 

How do you know what Watsons “list” is? He has not even publicly admitted he wants to be traded.

1 minute ago, joemac said:

How do you know what Watsons “list” is? He has not even publicly admitted he wants to be traded.

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

How do you know this?

this was shared earlier this week on the huddle in another thread. There is a list that has already being discussed by people within Watson's group. It was the same site the reported that watson wanted out weeks before the official word.

1. MIA
2. CAR
3. SF

4. Mystery team