• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rapoport: Panthers expected to be in the mix for Watson.

Just now, TheCasillas said:

just search the forum man. It was a link someone led with on a thread. I shouldn't have to disprove your disbelief. I am sure someone else here knows what I am talking about bc it was posted last week. There was a screenshot and a link.

Yes it’s on here I posted it in another thread

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't think they would take a hugely lesser offer, but they might take a slightly lesser offer. Assuming Watson would sign off on the destination. That's the thing here, he has a no trade clause. They have to sell him on the destination or it's a no go.

You think he's going to come here and exchange for us trading away one of his best weapons or one of our best defenders?

The Dolphins and Jets have way more capital than we do.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

Any team that makes this trade, turns his remaining contract into a long term deal. The reason he didnt sign a long term deal with the Texans is because he didnt want to stay there if they didnt prove things were changing. His current is purely a watson friendly deal to keep him in HOU. Now that he would be leaving, that new team (should be smart here) and re-write the deal in form of an extension.

If I were him I wouldn't mention renegotiating the deal. Some fool wanting to make a big impression will drop a bundle on him and ride that out. Or no one will and DeShaun will stay in Houston and make them pay it until they can finally cut him after 2023 for the smaller cap hit. 

He's a marvelous player and could make a huge impact for a team like ours. The sticker shock and already openly wanting to leave his first team, make him an unattractive partner with us, in my opinion... especially when we can take one of the upper tier QBs in the first round on a much, much more attractive rookie deal.

• Beer 1