• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rapoport: Panthers expected to be in the mix for Watson.

4 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

very little we discuss on this message board is concrete. You take what you are given and you have a conversation about it. 

Yeah but I am just stating that this conversation is about 98% theoretical at this point. If we had half a dozen sports media outlets reporting this rumor, it would be a different situation entirely. 

Sure, Houston, the Jets and Dolphins may be offering you a boatload of draft picks. But draft picks are a gamble and can end up netting you nothing but headache. Don't fall victim to such a rookie mistake.

We, on the other hand, have something that nobody else can offer. Let me introduce you to the very hard working, fan favorite, up-and-coming superstar Teddy Bridgewater.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

If I were him I wouldn't mention renegotiating the deal. Some fool wanting to make a big impression will drop a bundle on him and ride that out. Or no one will and DeShaun will stay in Houston and make them pay it until they can finally cut him after 2023 for the smaller cap hit. 

He's a marvelous player and could make a huge impact for a team like ours. The sticker shock and already openly wanting to leave his first team, make him an unattractive partner with us, in my opinion... especially when we can take one of the upper tier QBs in the first round on a much, much more attractive rookie deal.

I dont think he will have a choice unless there is desperation by the trading partner. You'd be led by an incompetent FO if they keep the contract as is. Its a bad contract for a franchise. 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

This has Saints written all over it, they know how to trade for people with negative cap. We have no idea how to make trades like this lol

Like I posted in another thread... Saints are almost $100M over the cap. They literally would have to trade away about 8 top paid players to the Texans then negotiate Watson's salary before even going under the cap.

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah but I am just stating that this conversation is about 98% theoretical at this point. If we had half a dozen sports media outlets reporting this rumor, it would be a different situation entirely. 

Precisely.  Anyone with a brain can look at our draft capital and roster and see this is a pipe dream. 

3 minutes ago, Growl said:

Imagine him going to atlanta

The falcons get deshaun Watson and the Texans get our rookie franchise QB

Way less likely than him coming here. The Falcons are already in cap trouble as it is and trading or cutting Matt Ryan puts them in dire straits even WITHOUT Watson's cap figure.

Just now, Jesse said:

Like I posted in another thread... Saints are almost $100M over the cap. They literally would have to trade away about 8 top paid players to the Texans then negotiate Watson's salary before even going under the cap.

Yeah they are always over the cap and still get people, please tell me how they do that.

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

To be fair... there were a dozen outlets stating that the Watson trade was just a rumor. News isnt news until happens. I'd rather spin my wheels here on something that has a chance of happening and franchise changing, then talk about Brees retiring or Brady sucks. Hahah

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

Precisely.  Anyone with a brain can look at our draft capital and roster and see this is a pipe dream. 

I can't agree it is a pipe dream. We are a possible destination but a lot of dominos have to fall to make that happen. The first of which being him actually wanting to come here. 

16 minutes ago, Malt Liquor said:

If Deshaun Watson came to Carolina he would be more revered than Cam Newton. Just for the simple fact that he played for Clemson. Could you imagine the amount of jerseys that would be sold to Clemson fans alone. Then factor in the Panther fans. Unreal numbers..

Don't think Tepper hasn't thought of this.

Make it happen big Dave, or otherwise just throw those brass balls in the trashcan

Just now, kungfoodude said:

I can't agree it is a pipe dream. We are a possible destination but a lot of dominos have to fall to make that happen. The first of which being him actually wanting to come here. 

Why would we be a possible destination for him?  Because he played at Clemson?  He is going to look at our roster, oline in particular and see hell no I am not going through that again