• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rapoport: Panthers expected to be in the mix for Watson.

1 minute ago, AceBoogie said:

I’m not race baiting. I’m giving y’all the truth. It’s not even entirely about race. It’s more about relationships. If you don’t understand the relationship between Cam and Deshaun then I can’t articulate it any better for you. He’s not coming to a team that fuged over his mentor. It’s that simple. Y’all can have fun speculating but it’s not happening. poo on my posts all day long. Doesn’t change the facts. 

Fill me in...

What exactly happened with the relationship between Cam and the Panthers? 

1 minute ago, Toomers said:

Why would they want to make the same mistake as the Panthers and overpay a backup to be a bridge to the starter they just took. And give up anything of trade value for it? 

Think about this, we Trade for Watson... guess who is still on the team and is literally the backup QB? Teddy is not exactly a trade asset but there’s no way that trade happens without sending Teddy to the Texans. You really think we afford Watson and Teddy on this roster??

4 minutes ago, Toomers said:

Why would they want to make the same mistake as the Panthers and overpay a backup to be a bridge to the starter they just took. And give up anything of trade value for it? 

Think about this, we Trade for Watson... guess who is still on the team and is literally the backup QB? Teddy is not exactly a trade asset but there’s no way that trade happens without sending Teddy to the Texans. You really think we can afford Watson and Teddy on this roster?? 

9 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

I’m not race baiting. I’m giving y’all the truth. It’s not even entirely about race. It’s more about relationships. If you don’t understand the relationship between Cam and Deshaun then I can’t articulate it any better for you. He’s not coming to a team that fuged over his mentor. It’s that simple. Y’all can have fun speculating but it’s not happening. poo on my posts all day long. Doesn’t change the facts. 

Can you please ban him mods.  This is ridiculous 

Just now, shaq said:

Think about this, we Trade for Watson... guess who is still on the team and is literally the backup QB? Teddy is not exactly a trade asset but there’s no way that trade happens without sending Teddy to the Texans. You really think we afford Watson and Teddy on this roster??

You’re taking a 10M cap hit for TB even if some team wanted to pay his 10M guaranteed base salary and let the Panthers include him in a trade. It would cost an extra 4-5th rounder to entice them to eat it over giving an Andy Dalton 3M as a bridge. 

4 minutes ago, Zod said:

tell me more the office GIF

That’s a weak race bait case. I could have outright said it. I made it PG13. I understand that you have a base here that can’t discuss race in a professional manner, but to ignore the reason he wants out of Houston in the first place isn’t presenting all sides of the topic. I’m always going to bring the real and won’t apologize for it. 

Just now, AceBoogie said:

That’s a weak race bait case. I could have outright said it. I made it PG13. I understand that you have a base here that can’t discuss race in a professional manner, but to ignore the reason he wants out of Houston in the first place isn’t presenting all sides of the topic. I’m always going to bring the real and won’t apologize for it. 

D34F3E7F-746D-42A2-9660-D0AC5E1A0362.jpeg

5 minutes ago, shaq said:

Think about this, we Trade for Watson... guess who is still on the team and is literally the backup QB? Teddy is not exactly a trade asset but there’s no way that trade happens without sending Teddy to the Texans. You really think we can afford Watson and Teddy on this roster?? 

We'd probably have to cut him. He's a $20M cap hit if we release him (vs. $23M if he's on the roster), $15M if we designate him a post-June 1st cut.

8 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Fill me in...

What exactly happened with the relationship between Cam and the Panthers? 

Oh you mean at the end when Cam called them liars? When he said they gave up on him? When he felt like they jeopardize his ability to sign with a team early in free agency? 

2 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

You accuse "ya'll" (meaning all of us) of being racist then you state we are the ones that cannot discuss race in a professional manner. 

I understand your point. Yes, there is some racist element in our fan base. But to boil it down to "ya'll" then expect anyone to care what you have to say afterwards when you just insulted them isn't a great strategy for civil discourse. 

• Pie 2

59 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Joe Brady was said to have a good interview in Houston. The Houston job is still open. Joe Brady is still available to be hired as a head coach. Joe Brady likes Teddy Bridgewater. I see a perfect scenario! 

The people he had the good interview with aren't in charge of the coaching hire anymore.