• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rapoport: Panthers expected to be in the mix for Watson.

2 hours ago, AceBoogie said:

Out of respect for the mods I’m going to say I respect your point of view, but believe the situation in Charlotte was far worse than that. If this comes up in the TB I’ll be happy to elaborate. 

I wanted rid of Newton for a good few years - nothing to do with his skin colour, everything to do with his play on the field. I was accused of being racist (an F150 I believe is the race-baiting term that is used?). 

It is what it is.

Moving on from Newton was a business decision. Of course he's offended, he was here 9 years (and earned a good chunk of change in the process!), but that's the nature of the game. 

11 hours ago, WarPanthers89 said:

Who wouldn’t love you have him?? It would be amazing. 

Reality though is that we don’t have the Cap or the assets to get him.

Shipping a 1st in 2021, 2022, CMC, Teddy, and KK (salary dump) would/could make this work and give us the cash to resign Moton and possibly Samuel.

1 hour ago, KatsAzz said:

The malcontented Watson and the Texans were 4-12 this year. However, a lot of people in this group seem to think we can wreck our rebuild for many years to obtain him and he will perform some type magic that would instantly make us Super Bowl contenders. The supposed price to get him would not be worth the reward in my opinion.

And the Texans played 10 games against good playoff teams while in or recovering from the BoB $hit$torm.

Watson led the league in passing yards, threw for 33/7 and 70% comp with ONE 1000yd receiver. 

Against 7 playoff teams Teddy threw for 1000 fewer yards and a 15/11 ratio with TWO 1000yd receivers. 

8 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

I still think the Jets could make a major play for Watson.

They have 5 first round picks in the next three years.  Also their #2 pick this year is probably worth about 3 of our first round picks(think what it would cost for us to move up to 2).

Ding , Ding, we have a winner!  The whole idea that Watson created this sh!t storm and has final say is Madden-esque at best.   Dude decided to upset the apple cart (COMPLETELY his prerogative) but to assume he has 100% say in his future is delusional at best.  He is under a CONTRACT.

5 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Ding , Ding, we have a winner!  The whole idea that Watson created this sh!t storm and has final say is Madden-esque at best.   Dude decided to upset the apple cart (COMPLETELY his prerogative) but to assume he has 100% say in his future is delusional at best.  He is under a CONTRACT.

He has a no trade clause. It's up to him if he decides to accept a trade to a club he doesn't favor. The alternative is, he could sit out until the issue is resolved to his liking.

• Beer 1

14 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

I still think the Jets could make a major play for Watson.

They have 5 first round picks in the next three years.  Also their #2 pick this year is probably worth about 3 of our first round picks(think what it would cost for us to move up to 2).

With the cap space, and extra picks you showed so they could survive losing those picks.  Sure would be logical. And they could keep their high 2nds too. 

4 minutes ago, Raleigh PF said:

He has a no trade clause. It's up to him if he decides to accept a trade to a club he doesn't favor. The alternative is, he could sit out until the issue is resolved to his liking.

You are correct and the Texans know that as well.  It's not like they will forfiet all the games.  In that scenario they take a flier on a 1B type guy  and roll with it.  At the end of the day, holding out only hurts Watson.

20 minutes ago, Raleigh PF said:

but at some point he might decide that getting traded anywhere is better than not getting traded at all.

Its really a big game of chicken and who blinks first.

• Flames 1