• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rapoport: Panthers expected to be in the mix for Watson.

Financially (and this may have been said in the 37 pages before this) the only way I would do it is we can unload 2 big contracts here---Shaq and TB.  That would be about equal to Watson....It aint happening.  I think he will be a Jet.

Edited by MHS831
  • Beer 1

13 hours ago, MHS831 said:

Financially (and this may have been said in the 37 pages before this) the only way I would do it is we can unload 2 big contracts here---Shaq and TB.  That would be about equal to Watson....It aint happening.  I think he will be a Jet.

Teddy almost HAS to be included in any deal.  We cannot realistically have both Teddys and Watsons contracts on our books at the same time.  I dont think releasing TB is any option either.  So, unless Teddy goes to Houston, or we find another trading partner for him, we would probably be dead in the water.

13 minutes ago, joemac said:

Teddy almost HAS to be included in any deal.  We cannot realistically have both Teddys and Watsons contracts on our books at the same time.  I dont think releasing TB is any option either.  So, unless Teddy goes to Houston, or we find another trading partner for him, we would probably be dead in the water.

Releasing TB and trading TB is basically the same thing in terms of the cap.

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Releasing TB and trading TB is basically the same thing in terms of the cap.

Spotrac wasn't clear on any difference between a cut and trade but overthecap suggests that we'd get considerably more cap space if we traded TB:

https://overthecap.com/player/teddy-bridgewater/2971/

According to this, releasing him would be $20M dead money this year and $5M dead money next year. Trading him would be $10M dead money this year and $5M dead money next year. Also, it says if we trade him post-June 1 it would be just $5M dead money this year and $5M dead money next year...

Just now, t96 said:

Spotrac wasn't clear on any difference between a cut and trade but overthecap suggests that we'd get considerably more cap space if we traded TB:

According to this, releasing him would be $20M dead money this year and $5M dead money next year. Trading him would be $10M dead money this year and $5M dead money next year. Also, it says if we trade him post-June 1 it would be just $5M dead money this year and $5M dead money next year...

Then let's hope we can trade him for literally anything. Conditional 7th rounder? Yes please.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Then let's hope we can trade him for literally anything. Conditional 7th rounder? Yes please.

More likely we'd have to give up a 4th or 5th (or more) and Teddy for a conditional 7th or something. He has negative value for any team acquiring him.

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, t96 said:

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

$10m of his guaranteed money is in the form of guaranteed salary, specifically $10m this year.

Guaranteed salary can be traded, if we cut him we owe it, if we trade him possible not.  That is why you are seeing the different numbers.