• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Your Reaction If?......

chknwing

59 minutes ago, Zod said:

Didn't they just pay a ton to Taysom for him to be the guy?

Payton has basically already said he won't be going forward. He's putting up the front that Jameis will be. I don't really believe him.

But, the Saints are in some of the most hellish cap hell I've ever seen. I think they blow it up and rebuild this year.

Watch them end up with Sam Howell next year.

58 minutes ago, Ready 2 Win said:

It is what it is, or rather it will be what it will be. Too many people out here trying to not get sick and take care of their family in a pandemic to care more than a little bit.

I'm sure a few divas however will lose their poo.

welcome to The Huddle. You must be new here

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Payton has basically already said he won't be going forward. He's putting up the front that Jameis will be. I don't really believe him.

But, the Saints are in some of the most hellish cap hell I've ever seen. I think they blow it up and rebuild this year.

Watch them end up with Sam Howell next year.

Don't even speak that blasphemy. That would sicken me to see that dude in a Saints jersey :poison:

2 hours ago, Zod said:

Didn't they just pay a ton to Taysom for him to be the guy?

He makes less than Teddy and only has next year left on his contract so not really. But they’re going to have to get rid of plenty of good young players just to get under the cap, it would be retarded for them to trade a ton of draft assets for a QB. There’d be nothing around him...

Something tells me they will go a different route. Just like they did when Brees was a free agent, they may pick someone up out there that is proven but looking for a new home. Watson is expensive and willing to go, so maybe there... it's not like the Saints ever balked at a big price tag, they just kick the can down the road.

1 hour ago, t96 said:

He makes less than Teddy and only has next year left on his contract so not really. But they’re going to have to get rid of plenty of good young players just to get under the cap, it would be retarded for them to trade a ton of draft assets for a QB. There’d be nothing around him...

Actually it help them tremendously. The bulk of the best players they have under contract likely aren't going anywhere and are relatively young. You get a cheap young QB for 4-5 years to try and keep this thing going as you retool your roster. 

It actually makes a ton of sense because they are in a "win now" state.

3 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

wild thing, turns out he made 4x what he would have made if it was a traditional cash deal. Okung has done some interesting things in his career, but this one takes the cake. Brilliant move.

No he didn’t. He got paid all USD. He announced on December 29th that he has a deal with a company (assume he was paid for advertising for them) to convert his money from paychecks to Bitcoin. Bitcoin has gone from $27k to $35k from when they announced that deal. We have no idea if he actually invested immediately on getting paid and even so based on weekly checks he would have only doubled his money, again if he was invested from the start. Based on those announcements all coming out on December 29th and them not saying anything else leads me to believe that they weren’t investing it week 1.

ETA: Either way, he still should have made out with double the pay or a 25% raise. He certainly was paid way more than he was worth, especially for a rebuilding team.

Archived