• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Devin White... Micah Parsons

musicman

I'll begrudgingly admit that MLB is not as valued in today's NFL as it was in yesteryear. So Parsons at 8 is not the choice I would make. But the discussion of who to pick at 8 if all the top QBs are gone is valid. That could mean all 4 of the top 4 are gone or Panthers staff has determined that they do not like whatever QB is left at 8. It's easy to say trade back but you have to have a trade partner and get good value for that trade. Failing that we could go the Vikings route and just not make a pick. Not really a fan of that strategy. Somebody will be the pick. So if top 3 QBs are gone, 4th QB is unacceptable, Sewell, Chase, top CB (Farley/Surtain) and Paye are gone and no one is interested in trading... Parsons? Pitts? Farley/Surtain leftover? Smith or Waddle?

Edited by mccjeff
  • Pie 1

41 minutes ago, mccjeff said:

I'll begrudgingly admit that MLB is not as valued in today's NFL as it was in yesteryear. So Parsons at 8 is not the choice I would make. But the discussion of who to pick at 8 if all the top QBs are gone is valid. That could mean all 4 of the top 4 are gone or Panthers staff has determined that they do not like whatever QB is left at 8. It's easy to say trade back but you have to have a trade partner and get good value for that trade. Failing that we could go the Vikings route and just not make a pick. Not really a fan of that strategy. Somebody will be the pick. So if top 3 QBs are gone, 4th QB is unacceptable, Sewell, Chase, top CB (Farley/Surtain) and Paye are gone and no one is interested in trading... Parsons? Pitts? Farley/Surtain leftover? Smith or Waddle?

We are lucky enough to have enough needs that taking a player that can help us shouldn't be too awful hard. However, if the top people on our board are gone(Tier 1, let's say) I would rather trade down and gain additional picks. We certainly need some cheap bodies to fill out our roster.

All I was doing was saying if we don't get the QB we want, and I know Sewell won't be there, is Parsons enough of an impact player to take. On the CBS Sports draft board, he's like 3 or 4th highest rank in total. I was going by BPA and I like what White did for TB taking over the game towards the end. 8 is not too high as he's ranked that high. I do think CB is just as important so I see CB or maybe OT but if possible, trading down a few spots if our guy (who ever that is) is not available. 

7 hours ago, musicman said:

All I was doing was saying if we don't get the QB we want, and I know Sewell won't be there, is Parsons enough of an impact player to take. On the CBS Sports draft board, he's like 3 or 4th highest rank in total. I was going by BPA and I like what White did for TB taking over the game towards the end. 8 is not too high as he's ranked that high. I do think CB is just as important so I see CB or maybe OT but if possible, trading down a few spots if our guy (who ever that is) is not available. 

at 8 he is certainly talented enough to draft. the thing is, no one player besides a QB, that is if you do not have your QB, is elevating a team that is not a contender to a contender. if you have a QB then a you could be a piece or two away. that piece could be a MLB. it could be a LT. we dont have a QB so truly it doesnt matter what we take, we have no shot. 

the smart move at 8, if we dont draft a QB, is to trade back and acquire more picks to draft more talented players. that way, when we do find our QB, we have a more talented roster.