• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

BAHAHAHAH - Marty interviewing with Washington Football Team

Zod

55 minutes ago, CashNewton22 said:

Marty loved Charlotte and the Panthers. For all his faults he did draft most of the best players to ever play for the Panthers. I wish him well in Washington except when we play them. 

I mean, he was the GM for over half of our existence.  So I'd hope so.

The fact is that as GM, the Panthers only had 3 winning seasons with him from 2002-2012 and 2018-2020 (I don't count 2017 for obvious reasons). 

This is such a terrible move by WFT.  Panthers had a franchise QB and still failed to string together consistent success year-by-year (unless you are one of the ones who considers the 7-8-1 2014 Panthers successful).  What reason is there to think that will change with Rivera/Hurney in Washington, except now they have to go out and find that QB still?

• Pie 3

17 minutes ago, Mage said:

I mean, he was the GM for over half of our existence.  So I'd hope so.

The fact is that as GM, the Panthers only had 3 winning seasons with him from 2002-2012 and 2018-2020 (I don't count 2017 for obvious reasons). 

This is such a terrible move by WFT.  Panthers had a franchise QB and still failed to string together consistent success year-by-year (unless you are one of the ones who considers the 7-8-1 2014 Panthers successful).  What reason is there to think that will change with Rivera/Hurney in Washington, except now they have to go out and find that QB still?

Let me clear my good name here early and say I’m not mad whatsoever we fired him his drafts after the 1st round were typically abysmal. And I’ll never ever ever forgive him for drafting Jimmy clausen...I just wanted to offer a different perspective than many clowning on him. Cheers to a brighter future for the Panthers!

Edited by CashNewton22
  • Beer 1

9 hours ago, CanePantherHornet said:

Imagine putting Marty Hurney in charge of finding your franchise QB. He thought Will Grier was a 1st round talent and the best QB in his draft. 

Maybe Hurney still does or he really likes Teddy CheckDown and will trade us a couple of 2nds or a 2nd and 3rd for one of them. 

He can have both for a 1st if we have other plans at QB.

9 hours ago, outlaw4 said:

1979341963_giphy(9).gif.ae7ff6be4d4d7db3b6363306d1878c87.gif

I honestly have to see this to believe it because this means Snyder inexplicably didn't put a "Hire anyone except Hurney" stipulation in there somewhere.

Snyder put Rivera in charge of choosing the GM.

From that point on, it was just a matter of time.

• Pie 1