• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"Deshaun to Carolina" talk made it to NFL.com

Zod

While Deshaun to Carolina is possible but remains a slim chance, it is nice to know our slim chance is better than most team's slim to none chance. 

NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport added another potential candidate to the rumor mill: the Carolina Panthers.

"I would not discount the Carolina Panthers in this situation," Rapoport said Monday on NFL Network's Good Morning Football. "They have the eighth pick, so obviously not as high as, say, the Jets or Dolphins, but that is also a team that needs very badly to solve its quarterback issues. And (has) an owner who is not afraid to make big bold moves."

With Teddy Bridgewater under contract for another year, the Panthers have already begun the search for a long-term solution at QB. Matt Rhule has stuck by Bridgewater, but landing Watson would be a game-changer for a club like Carolina. Panthers owner David Tepper isn't one likely to shy away from the high price-tag Watson would cost.

(source)

Side Note: This article also speculates we know for sure that Rhule is moving on from Teddy. I am not sure we have heard that in any certain terms from the team itself. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2

There are 5 teams imo that realistically could/would trade for Watson: 

Panthers, Dolphins, Niners, Jets, Falcons.

Two of those teams are in the AFC. If you’re the Texans do you really want to trade Deshaun to an AFC team only to be run out of potential contention by Mahomes and Watson every year? Not to mention the Jags if they capitalize on Lawrence? 

It would make more sense to me to trade to the NFC...and the best long term building ability imo comes from the Panthers with Bridgewaters contract that comes off the books in 2022, #8, CMC and future picks. 

Falcons and Niners imo can’t beat that offer. Matt Ryan is expensive hot garbage until 2024. Garoppolo is less expensive hot garbage until 2023 but they have less to offer in the way of other compensation (picks, players etc). 

• Pie 1

I don’t think he came right out and said it but in Rhule’s closing press conference he pretty much said he would have to have an unbelievable offseason so I think that was enough for me they are not happy and will doing something. I even read an article the other day that said Tepper and Rhule was not happy at all with qb position

• Pie 2

Just now, BurnNChinn said:

I even read an article the other day that said Tepper and Rhule was not happy at all with qb position

That is probably true, but I have yet heard anyone in the organization say it out loud. 

I think there is a really good chance that the Panthers have a new QB in 2021. But there is an equally good chance Teddy will be starting again, at least to start the season. 

1 minute ago, Zod said:

That is probably true, but I have yet heard anyone in the organization say it out loud. 

I think there is a really good chance that the Panthers have a new QB in 2021. But there is an equally good chance Teddy will be starting again, at least to start the season. 

I don’t think Tepper wants to keep seeing an empty stadium next year, that’s what he will see if they keep trotting out that trash 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Zod said:

Unless the rookie qb comes in and blows the doors off of things I think Teddy will 100% at least start the season and probably play until the bye depending on how things are going

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Unless the rookie qb comes in and blows the doors off of things I think Teddy will 100% at least start the season and probably play until the bye depending on how things are going

This sounds right. 

51 minutes ago, unicar15 said:

There are 5 teams imo that realistically could/would trade for Watson: 

Panthers, Dolphins, Niners, Jets, Falcons.

Two of those teams are in the AFC. If you’re the Texans do you really want to trade Deshaun to an AFC team only to be run out of potential contention by Mahomes and Watson every year? Not to mention the Jags if they capitalize on Lawrence? 

It would make more sense to me to trade to the NFC...and the best long term building ability imo comes from the Panthers with Bridgewaters contract that comes off the books in 2022, #8, CMC and future picks. 

Falcons and Niners imo can’t beat that offer. Matt Ryan is expensive hot garbage until 2024. Garoppolo is less expensive hot garbage until 2023 but they have less to offer in the way of other compensation (picks, players etc). 

Rams?