• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NBC Sports Mock Draft 5.0 says the Panthers get...

Zod

4 minutes ago, Snake said:

I would be shocked if ATL goes Fields. You might as well trade Ryan if you do. 

They might. Or they could hang onto him for another year then trade him after that. It won't shock me if ATL goes QB and it won't shock me if they go another route and try to give it one more go with Ryan. But their cap situation and new staff honestly makes me think that QB is more likely than not. It's gonna be hard to build the type of roster they need to build to make one last push with Ryan given their cap constraints.

2 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Yep.  Every season it seems someone "falls".  And I still dont believe the Falcons and/or the Lions will go qb.  That would be doing a giant reset on both franchises that dont need to be reset. 

neither structure has yielded positive dividends for either team, especially Detroit, and the falcons are facing the same terrain we are with a chance to hold the balance of power in the nfc south, and a rare opportunity to acquire the most important cog

I doubt both teams go QB just because, but the team should operate under the pretense that one likely will, which also prepares for somebody trying to jump us 

Edited by Growl

2 hours ago, Sir Purr said:

No way that can happen. I have been told multiple times by the huddle that the win against WFT has ruined our chance at EVER getting a QB. 

No but it could easily cost us in getting Watson...I still don’t get how people value a meaningless win over an important draft position

If the actual draft plays out this way and Wilson "falls" to us at 8, god forbid he busts and we have to listen to the narrative for years about how stupid we were to take him and all the other teams knew he was terrible and the Broncos' draft room was laughing their asses off when we took him instead of Trey Lance and he would've still been available with our 4th round pick.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1