• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Washington Football Team finalizing deal with Marty Hurney

Zod

4 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Fair. Ron would have known Cowden from his time here, though.

Seriously, even last night after we heard the story, I still believed Washington would hire someone else and make Marty a consultant or something.

Then I wake up to this...wow.

I wonder of anyone else really wanted the job with the power structure WFT had.

• Beer 1

10 minutes ago, RoaringRiot said:

I hate to throw a wrench in your Q theory but my conversations about TB/Hurney happened at the time of the signing not when Hurney was fired. 

This place is fuging weird 

What's "fuging weird" and a "Q theory" is the idea that you've actually sat on this information for 9 months while everyone spends the entire season referring to Teddy as a "Brady signing", which you sit idly by and allow to propagate throughout these boards, only to wait til Hurney gets fired to chime in "Oh btw guys, that was actually a Hurney signing".  Thank god we are blessed to have true insiders like you to grace us with these generous morsels of information 9 months later.  The actual Joe Person special!!  Maybe that is why you defend him so much.

It's obviously your call whether you want to share things here, but your decision to do so comes with the tacit acceptance of any pushback or questioning that follows, especially when it flies in the face of logic.  I'm sorry that not everyone slurps up everything you say and treats you as this deity whose word is gospel.  Whether what you're saying is true or not, how you handled this from start to finish was weird as hell and deserving of skepticism.

3 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

What's "fuging weird" and a "Q theory" is the idea that you've actually sat on this information for 9 months while everyone spends the entire season referring to Teddy as a "Brady signing", which you sit idly by and allow to propagate throughout these boards, only to wait til Hurney gets fired to chime in "Oh btw guys, that was actually a Hurney signing".  Thank god we are blessed to have true insiders like you to grace us with these generous morsels of information 9 months later.  The actual Joe Person special!!  Maybe that is why you defend him so much.

It's obviously your call whether you want to share things here, but your decision to do so comes with the tacit acceptance of any pushback or questioning that follows, especially when it flies in the face of logic.  I'm sorry that not everyone slurps up everything you say and treats you as this deity whose word is gospel.  Whether what you're saying is true or not, how you handled this from start to finish was weird as hell and deserving of skepticism.

Sitting on it for nine months? It's really not that hard to understand....it was the first time I saw a conversation about who was responsible for the signing.

There’s no pushback from me. I couldn't care any bit less if “MasterAwesome” on the Huddle wants to believe the truth or live in an alt-universe. I can assure you having your validation means jack poo to me. You can talk poo about me, Joe, whoever all you want...it’s fun watching you bend over backwards to prove how clueless you are. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1

2 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Hurndog's vmail at the Panthers office is still active...

...if any of you want to call and wish him well hit me up and I'll get the number to you.

I believe Tepper & Co. will run circles around the Redskins over next 5-10 years but if they don't....oh my!

Don’t kick the man when he’s down . Hurney brought good talent 

2 hours ago, MasterAwesome said:

Hmm, let's see....who were by far the two most hated members of the Panthers this past season?  Teddy and Hurney, yes?  Boy, it would be awfully convenient if we could tie those two together somehow and inject new enthusiasm into the fanbase moving forward....darn....IF ONLY THERE WAS A WAY!!

*Enter RoaringRiot*

After Hurney was fired, he is conveniently fed this narrative from his source that Teddy was actually Hurney's signing....woah!  What a bombshell revelation!  What an effective way to wash the stench of the disastrous Teddy signing from Rhule/Brady moving forward.

That makes a hell of a lot more sense than the narrative you're pushing.  During the season, many people here thought it was plausible that Hurney was kept on this long only to be used as a scapegoat when the time was right.  That seems to be exactly what happened after three consecutive losing seasons.  Fortunately, scapegoating is only effective if you have a naïve audience who is willing to suspend all rational thought...unfortunately, that certainly appears to be us.

So the owner keeps a powerless GM around to blame and fire when things go bad, then leaks the blame to select people to post on message boards to restore fan faith. (because the team only makes money when the message boards are happy.) Makes sense.

Shitty GM getting poo canned for doing a poo job = crazy conspiracy fan fiction.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 3