• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Washington Football Team finalizing deal with Marty Hurney

Zod

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

The Greg Little pick seems like it might have been the proverbial straw that's broke the camel's back.

(that Buffalo video...my word)

Having Marty Hurney rave about a 1st round grade on a 2nd round pick is the kiss of death. Having him trade up in the 2nd for that "1st round talent" is the nail in the coffin. Greg Little never had a chance. He had way too much jinx on him to overcome.

1 minute ago, CarolinaSunday said:

I had read on Twitter, many times (even before Hurney was fired), that him joining Ron in Washington was a good possibility, but a part of me didn't really believe it.

It is mine blowing to me that Ron would look at the past three years and say "yeah, I want to recreate that."

They sign Cam and it would almost be complete lol

1 minute ago, CarolinaSunday said:

I had read on Twitter, many times (even before Hurney was fired), that him joining Ron in Washington was a good possibility, but a part of me didn't really believe it.

It is mine blowing to me that Ron would look at the past three years and say "yeah, I want to recreate that."

Ron always mentally distanced himself from his failures. It was never a coaching failure, always players failing to execute.

He and Marty are good friends, so perhaps that same mental defense mechanism extended to him as well.

1 minute ago, *FreeFua* said:

The guy who was trying to save his job and believed they were a Teddy Bridgewater away from winning 

So you believe Hurney was allowed to sign TB without Rhule’s approval? Just signed him and told Rhule to live with it? Is that what we’re going with here? The HC with a 70M contract and an new OC who was the only one with close knowledge of the player, or a lame-duck GM making about 1M? 

What other moves did Hurney force onto Rhule? Just the bad ones? 

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Roaring Riot backs this up.

Conveniently hours after Hurney was fired. As was proven. Not before. And as I asked, what did it matter what MH wanted when the only decision maker was Rhule. What moves did Hurney make and Rhule didn’t approve of?  Have your boy come discuss that statement, if everyone is going to just swallow the hook on anything that makes the coaches still here look better. 

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, CmC2k said:

So we call the buffalo bills panthers north but now when Cam probably signs with Washington what is our clever nickname for the WFT gonna be?

Panthers WTF

Actually, Washington Ex-Panthers probably sounds better.

Edited by Mr. Scot

1 minute ago, Toomers said:

Conveniently hours after Hurney was fired. As was proven. Not before. And as I asked, what did it matter what MH wanted when the only decision maker was Rhule. What moves did Hurney make and Rhule didn’t approve of?  Have your boy come discuss that statement, if everyone is going to just swallow the hook on anything that makes the coaches still here look better. 

Sit this one out.

2 minutes ago, Toomers said:

Neither Zack nor anyone else ever said he did it over Rhule's objections, only that Marty was the guy who was lobbying for him the hardest.

As to Zack, his track record for inside information speaks for itself. He doesn't need me to defend him.

• Pie 1