• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Washington Football Team finalizing deal with Marty Hurney

Zod

25 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

That was his problem in the draft. Everything was hit or miss. We couldn't build an overall roster because there was no roster filler available. Those good backup types and serviceable starter types that other teams typically find in the mid to late rounds. He always swung for the fences and when you do that you're going to strike out and hit a lot more pop flies than home runs.

That wouldn't be a huge deal if he could find those filler guys in free agency at a bargain like Belichick has his entire career, and many other teams have too. Even DG was pretty good at that, despite his drafting issues (until the Kalil deal, which I still suspect was JR's doing).

12 minutes ago, CmC2k said:

So we call the buffalo bills panthers north but now when Cam probably signs with Washington what is our clever nickname for the WFT gonna be?

Cam should go to Buffalo for a reasonable backup contract to sit there behind Allen. The way Allen plays, he'd be the perfect backup and could still see reasonable playing time...

11 minutes ago, Toomers said:

Conveniently hours after Hurney was fired. As was proven. Not before. And as I asked, what did it matter what MH wanted when the only decision maker was Rhule. What moves did Hurney make and Rhule didn’t approve of?  Have your boy come discuss that statement, if everyone is going to just swallow the hook on anything that makes the coaches still here look better. 

Yeah, I still believe Teddy was all Rhule and Brady's idea.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Neither Zack nor anyone else ever said he did it over Rhule's objections, only that Marty was the guy who was lobbying for him the hardest.

As to Zack, his track record for inside information speaks for itself. He doesn't need me to defend him.

Then why was this inside information only released after his firing? Why no mention when TB played well. Why not during his signing? Or the off-season. 

Again, what did Marty’s feelings matter? Did Rhule make the final call or not? On everything. I mentioned numerous times since Rhule was hired that Hurney was there to be a scapegoat for any first year mistakes. I didn’t wait until it was convenient to a narrative. 

3 minutes ago, Toomers said:

Then why was this inside information only released after his firing? Why no mention when TB played well. Why not during his signing? Or the off-season. 

Again, what did Marty’s feelings matter? Did Rhule make the final call or not? On everything. I mentioned numerous times since Rhule was hired that Hurney was there to be a scapegoat for any first year mistakes. I didn’t wait until it was convenient to a narrative. 

Marty was still GM at the time. Heck, Rhule had only been here a little over a month or so.

And as mentioned, Zack doesn't post all that often. But when he does, you can count on it.

Edited by Mr. Scot

57 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This is the type of 1980s thought process that I hope are barely visible in the Panthers' rearview mirror.

What is the best case that a #1 CB can do in a game? 

shut down 1 players, easily beat by just passing away from him. I’d rather have a top shelf LBer or DL that can affect multiple aspects of every play than a CB that really only comes in handy 2-4 times a year.

CB’s are luxuries if you don’t have the other pieces in place. If you have a solid defense in place already they’re amazing to have. See 2015 panthers defense. But otherwise they are expensive money pits that should be used elsewhere. 

also see Josh Norman and the redskins after signing him.