• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Washington Football Team finalizing deal with Marty Hurney

Zod

8 hours ago, Beerfacedlegend said:
8 hours ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Hurndog's vmail at the Panthers office is still active...

...if any of you want to call and wish him well hit me up and I'll get the number to you.

I believe Tepper & Co. will run circles around the Redskins over next 5-10 years but if they don't....oh my!

Expand  

Don’t kick the man when he’s down . Hurney brought good talent 

Certainly not my intent to kick the Hurndog.

In fact, I don't think anyone can really say how good of a GM the Hurndog may or may-not be because he's never really had the job in its true sense...

...Richardson was always pulling strings and dictating bad signings/contracts, etc...

...under Tepper he wasn't the "GM" from the get-go.

The Redskins job will be his first chance at functioning as a traditional NFL GM.

Edited by SizzleBuzz

lol

https://www.hogshaven.com/2021/1/18/22237846/what-would-the-hiring-of-marty-hurney-mean-for-the-wft-front-office

By most accounts the men are very friendly and have a tremendous amount of professional respect for one another. They understand their compatibility fully, and presumably neither’s ego is so large that one is uncomfortable being deferential to the other.

In my opinion, Ron needs someone in the GM role whom he trusts implicitly, and whom he can count on to show loyalty to him, even - perhaps especially - above the owner. He needs someone who can execute his vision for the team without much oversight, but who can also serve as an experienced sounding board for difficult decisions. On those terms, it’s hard to think of anyone better for the role than Hurney.

2 hours ago, Swaggasaurus said:

Hurney is the best GM we ever had. Sooo much hate. Kelvin Benjamin says hi. 

The Panthers have an overall record of 200-215-1.

Our record with Hurney is 107-133.

Our record without Hurney is 93-82-1.

We are literally a losing franchise because of the Hurney eras. Outside of Marty Hurney years we are actually a winning franchise.

For a brief period under Gettleman we became an all-time winning franchise, then we had Hurney 2.0 to put us a full winning season behind the 8 ball again.

• Pie 2