• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Will Patrick Mahomes play this weekend?

Zod

6 minutes ago, Zod said:

Dude dragged him along the ground while having him in a headlock. Not sure how thats not a fine. 

I mean, it was pretty bang bang and it didn't look that bad. I am guessing that just the force of that whipping motion right has he almost hits the ground that probably causes his brain to smash into his skull. He actually didn't really hit his head on the ground, it sort of hits the ball/his arm. It was just that violent deceleration that seems to get him.

Pretty unfortunate. I really love watching him play and I would have liked to have seen an Allen vs. Mahomes playoff showdown.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I've seen that in a couple of different places including some Kansas City news sources.

I haven't seen anything official yet though, or any reports from major sources like Rapoport, Schefter or Breer.

It's not impossible that is true. I have certainly tweaked my neck badly before and it was like lightening shooting through my skull. Made my tongue go completely numb too. It will put you down for a minute.

If it's just a neck strain, he should be able to play. You would think that would be widely reported on by now, though. Plus, he should be able to clear the protocol pretty easily because those symptoms aren't the same. 

Edited by kungfoodude

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

It's not impossible that is true. I have certainly tweaked my neck badly before and it was like lightening shooting through my skull. Made my tongue go completely numb too. It will put you down for a minute.

It's it's just a neck strain, he should be able to play. You would think that would be widely reported on by now, though. Plus, he should be able to clear the protocol pretty easily because those symptoms aren't the same. 

I do figure the team in the league are going to be really careful about what they report, and they probably should.

I'll confess head and neck injuries scare me.

1 minute ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Might have the wrong info. Not sure.

I have heard some wild theories already. One that he was "choked out" when he fell. But as an MMA fan, you don't choke someone out with a 0.5 second neck crank. You have to stop the blood flow for that to actually work.

It looked like a concussion and I'd say it was a concussion. Even though his head didn't hit anything that hard he did suffer a violent deceleration and that was probably the cause of his brain smacking his skull(if it was a concussion). 

Just another example of "don't believe everything you read on the internet."

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I have heard some wild theories already. One that he was "choked out" when he fell. But as an MMA fan, you don't choke someone out with a 0.5 second neck crank. You have to stop the blood flow for that to actually work.

It looked like a concussion and I'd say it was a concussion. Even though his head didn't hit anything that hard he did suffer a violent deceleration and that was probably the cause of his brain smacking his skull(if it was a concussion). 

Just another example of "don't believe everything you read on the internet."

I think it's plausible at least.

The scary, tinfoil hat version of the story would be that he has a concussion but they're saying he doesn't so that he can play.

I don't really think Andy Reid is that kind of person though.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

I do figure the team in the league are going to be really careful about what they report, and they probably should.

I'll confess head and neck injuries scare me.

Yeah, it's not an area you want to have an injury in. I've only had one concussion(probably moderate) but it definitely deleted some time for me and caused some odd lingering effects. I've had minor neck injuries and those are pretty strange(like I described before). 

Let's hope he doesn't suffer from more concussions in the next few years. I really want to see him play in the NFL for a long time.

Just now, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, it's not an area you want to have an injury in. I've only had one concussion(probably moderate) but it definitely deleted some time for me and caused some odd lingering effects. I've had minor neck injuries and those are pretty strange(like I described before). 

Let's hope he doesn't suffer from more concussions in the next few years. I really want to see him play in the NFL for a long time.

Same. And I do trust that Reid will be careful about that.

28 minutes ago, Zod said:

I need your predictions on whether or not Mahomes plays this weekend. There are financial ramifications at hand. 

That looked like a pretty severe concussion. Will he get cleared?

It actually didn't look like a concussion at all. The team hasn't even confirmed that he was concussed, just that he's in the protocol and passed all the initial tests immediately. Recent reports are that it was a nerve issue in his neck (which is what the hit looked like) that caused him to be all groggy getting up, and got him put in the protocol. If those reports are true, I'd say it's much more likely than not that he gets cleared, though it's not a guarantee.

• Pie 1