• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jonathan Jones thinks Deshaun to Carolina could happen.

Zod

1 minute ago, Kentucky Panther said:

I don’t understand the logic of those wanting to hold on to CMC if it means not getting Watson. 

Christian has another 4 years in his prime AT BEST. Probably not even that. We could have a pro bowl QB for the next ten years. It’s not even a debate, you give up CMC if it means getting Watson. 

People need to move on with the idea that RB is an important position in the modern NFL. It's not. You can find productive RBs in the mid rounds these days.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 4

Possible and probable are two different things. I think it is also 95% speculation at this point. 

Keep in mind he has to WANT to come here with a no-trade clause. Some of these bobbleheads are forgetting that.

Also, and I do realize that Houston has had a pretty rough history of trades under Bill O'Brien....but CMC isn't really that desirable of a trade asset with that contract being what it is. It's not awful but I don't think teams are really going to be scrambling to get him either.

TBH, our major trade asset is probably the guy none of us wants to see get traded. That being Brian Burns. He's an elite pass rusher with three years left on a rookie deal. If I am Houston, and the Panthers come calling....that's the guy I want in return.

Edited by kungfoodude

1 minute ago, Kentucky Panther said:

I don’t understand the logic of those wanting to hold on to CMC if it means not getting Watson. 

Christian has another 4 years in his prime AT BEST. Probably not even that. We could have a pro bowl QB for the next ten years. It’s not even a debate, you give up CMC if it means getting Watson. 

For all the talk about what a sh*tty GM Hurney was around these boards and how he was too loyal to RBs and overpaid RBs, you'd think they would get this, but they don't.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

10 minutes ago, Kentucky Panther said:

He plays rb, and wr. 4 years at best lol, yeah they was thinking that when they signed him.

Edited by BurnNChinn
  • Poo 1

Whether we want to trade CMC or not, why would the Texans want to take on that contract?   Not that I don't think CMC is worth it, because I do, but the Texans are already in a terrible cap situation.  

Texans, if they trade Watson, are gonna want draft picks and young players on rookie deals.  At least if they play it smart.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

People need to move on with the idea that RB is an important position in the modern NFL. It's not. You can find productive RBs in the mid rounds these days.

The same people who think RB is more important than a pro bowl QB are the people who wanted to establish a winning culture by beating Washington the second last game of the year. 

• Pie 1