• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jonathan Jones thinks Deshaun to Carolina could happen.

Zod

5 minutes ago, Sir Purr said:

I don't think I'm interested.  If we get Watson I'm afraid it would ruin our draft position for years to come! 

Like we don't ruin our draft position every year anyway?  Do you really think this team has consistently built winning teams using the draft?  Clearly that formula isn't working since we draft in the top half of the league nearly every year.  

Fortune favors the bold.  It's time to take a gamble and land an all-world player.

This is all speculation from sportswriters. This is going to be a very interesting story with a lot of layers to it. Everyone knows what type of garbage the McNair family is about so this hits on more than just a disgruntled player wanting money. 

sportswriters want to get some clicks and traction for their own brands so I’m sure all sorts of speculative crap and scenarios that all end up being wrong are put out. At the end of the day he will probably be traded to a team no one expects or makes up with the Texans. 

The thing with drafting RBs is their careers are so short that you are basically getting them in their primes day 1. Thus resigning them to long term deals after their rookie deals is almost always a bad move (CMC, Todd Gurley etc) because they are usually on the tail end of their prime. I highly doubt CMC ever has a year like 2019 ever again... and the team still sucked!!

Drafting a RB in the first round makes sense if you are a contender (like how KC drafting CHE last year was a great pick) but if your team sucks then you're basically hoping for a quick rebuild.

Edited by Sean Payton's Vicodin
  • Beer 2

without getting into contract numbers, i don’t see why anybody would forbid moving CMC to get watson

you’re trading for a QB who, at only 25 years old, already has two seasons of playoff experience and a win under his belt, has put up huge passing numbers at the highest level of competition, and is already developed unlike drafting a QB in the first round which at 8 isn’t even guaranteed that we’re going to get a good one.

....and we’re freaking out bc it may cost us a guy who’s probably never going to hit 300 carries in one season

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

But they still get paid big money🤔. Ask Kamara as well lol.

They mostly get paid by teams that don't end up reaping the rewards of those payments. Not sure the team that is about to have one of the worst salary cap situations in NFL history is a great example of financial responsibility, either. 

• Beer 1