• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jonathan Jones thinks Deshaun to Carolina could happen.

Zod

4 minutes ago, Mister said:

the goal is to trade watson for picks , we need to keep cmc , dj , robby around watson to make thi offense so dangerous 

In theory if we got watson, we would have that offense for 2 seasons.  And after that no up and coming talent to rely on due to giving up a lions share of capital for watson.  And thats not even questioning how the hell are we going fix our line?

In short, trading for Watson would be insanity

Shaq could be traded.  So could Moore.  You have to give it up if you want Watson. 

1 hour ago, Sir Purr said:

I have been waiting for someone to finally create a post about Deshaun Watson.

When you start a post with "I" it loses credibility.

Edited by MHS831

2 minutes ago, OneBadCat said:

Best RB in the league, best safety we’ve had since Minter, best interior lineman we’ve had since Star, or a DE who hasn’t peaked yet?

I love Burns but in our history it’s been a lot easier to find the pass rusher than the lineman who makes it all go.

RB's don't have high value in the modern NFL, this has been discussed ad nauseam. That is largely the view of the entire league, so it isn't a minority opinion.

The "best safety we've had since Minter" also didn't play much safety and he's just a rookie. I love him and I want to keep him but we cannot pretend that he is a 10 year All-Pro player. He MIGHT be. 

The best interior lineman we've had since Star is fine, although once again he was largely potential in his first year. I didn't see anything that made me say he was untouchable, although I would not personally want to get rid of him.

The "DE who hasn't peaked yet" is already putting up statistics(especially advanced statistics) that are close to some of the premier pass rushers in the NFL. He also happens to play a position that has the highest value among all those you listed(RB, NT, S). You can quote history but you are also ignoring market value and positional value in the NFL. Take a look at every offseason for the past 20 years and you will see precisely what I mean. A pass rusher like Burns would command a VERY high salary on the open market, hence his extreme value on a rookie deal for three more years.

I don't want to trade any of those guys but to get one of the elite QB's in the NFL at 25 years old??? Yeah, all of them would be on the table for me. Every single one of those players is way easier to find than an elite QB in the NFL. You want history? We've only ever had one elite QB in the NFL in franchise history. 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

He was our best offensive player.  That was before we gave him over 700 touches in his first few years.  Dude had 3 separate injuries and he just got paid for some god knows reason.  He may still come back and be well above average but I dont think he will ever be as productive as he was in 2019 just due to the volume alone. 

I share those concerns but he is still our best offensive player until this past season becomes a larger trend. Moore is a budding star but he's also a guy that has a lot of unreached potential whereas CMC is basically already the best at his position in the league. 

Let's hope our fears about the crazy mileage he racked up are unfounded. That would be pretty destructive to our franchise future to have to jettison him and eat the cap hit that would require. 

1 hour ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

But yeah CMC is UNTRADEABLE thanks to Hurney's dumb ass. Even dumb teams like the Texans wouldn't bite.

Maybe we should play him as a slot WR/RB hybrid--and do not re-sign Samuel.  CMC has great hands, runs good routes, and his career could be prolonged.

Draft a RB later.

I can say that we do not want to discount the possibilities of what a new GM and capologist can do.  It could happen.  That way, we would have both players off the Next Gen Stats commercials.

With Watson having the no trade clause he pretty much gets to chose where he wants to go. Do you really think he's gonna OK a trade to go to a just as bad ownership situation like the jets or lions. The jets have most likely ruined Sam Darnold and the lions have wasted the entire career of Matt Stafford. I don't really buy the whole Atlanta Watson rumors so that leaves us and the dolphins. The dolphins are obviously the easiest to suggest because they're a franchise QB away from being real contenders but getting Watson means giving up on Tua. So all we have to do is hope the dolphins try and low ball the Texans because the Texans have almost no leverage if Watson says he's never playing another snap for them. Who knows we might be able to get Watson for a reasonable price like two first a 2nd and teddy. 

Edited by CmC2k

8 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Maybe we should play him as a slot WR/RB hybrid--and do not re-sign Samuel.  CMC has great hands, runs good routes, and his career could be prolonged.

Draft a RB later.

I can say that we do not want to discount the possibilities of what a new GM and capologist can do.  It could happen.  That way, we would have both players off the Next Gen Stats commercials.

If we did actually make that move, we'd basically make his contract even more of an albatross. He was paid to be the best RB in the league, not a hybrid utility player that we could have paid substantially less to obtain(and likely gotten a much better receiver). 

CMC will remain a RB for the remainder of the time that we decide to keep him. 

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, CmC2k said:

With Watson having the no trade clause he pretty much gets to chose where he wants to go. Do you really think he's gonna OK a trade to go to a just as bad ownership situation like the jets or lions. The jets have most likely ruined Sam Darnold and the lions have wasted the entire career of Matt Stafford. I don't really buy the whole Atlanta Watson rumors so that leaves us and the dolphins. The dolphins are obviously the easiest to suggest because they're a franchise QB away from being real contenders but getting Watson means giving up on Tua. So all we have to do is hope the dolphins try and low ball the Texans because the Texans have almost no leverage if Watson says he's never playing another snap for them. Who knows we might be able to get Watson for a reasonable price like two first a 2nd and teddy. 

Hey you forgot the 49ers they are built to win now

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, CmC2k said:

You are discounting scenarios like the 49ers who are a ready made SB-caliber team in need of a franchise QB. Or even a situation like Chicago where the injection of a franchise caliber QB could make them immediate contenders. Or if you want to go even crazier, how about New England where they will likely be getting back a lot of players that opted out for COVID. 

I do agree that I cannot see him wanting to go to some of these traditional loser franchises(which we actually do fall into that category at the moment). If that was the case, why not just stay in Houston?

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

You are discounting scenarios like the 49ers who are a ready made SB-caliber team in need of a franchise QB. Or even a situation like Chicago where the injection of a franchise caliber QB could make them immediate contenders. Or if you want to go even crazier, how about New England where they will likely be getting back a lot of players that opted out for COVID. 

I do agree that I cannot see him wanting to go to some of these traditional loser franchises(which we actually do fall into that category at the moment). If that was the case, why not just stay in Houston?

The thought of Bill Belichick with a prime Watson would give the league nightmares.

• Beer 1