• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jonathan Jones thinks Deshaun to Carolina could happen.

Zod

14 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If they do, I sure hope they're right.

*pretty sure Jones is a junior though and not eligible for the Senior Bowl

not letting me share the tweet for some reason but there are tweets about the Panther staff working w/ Jones at the Senior Bowl. 

could be a good or bad things.  Panther staff will get a lot of time w/ Mac. 

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If they do, I sure hope they're right.

*pretty sure Jones is a junior though and not eligible for the Senior Bowl

Reports are he accepted an invite. I'm supposing that declaring for the NFL draft helps your eligibility.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/mac-jones-heading-to-senior-bowl/

Edited by Raleigh PF

16 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Well, I hope the plan isn't relying on drafting a Russell Wilson in the 3rd, because good luck duplicating that one.

To be fair, that wasn't exactly the Seahawks plan either.  They signed Matt Flynn to a Teddy Bridgewater deal after he had a good game with the Packers.

I know they liked Russ and wanted to land him, but if they really knew how great he would be, they wouldn't have let him fall so far.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, AU-panther said:

I would disagree.  When he came out some of the so called experts said he could have been one of the better WRs in the draft.

I don't see any reason he couldn't be one of the better slot receivers in the league if he played it full time.

I'm not advocating for him to switching to receiver full time but I do think he needs to be used as a matchup weapon in the passing game.  Isolate him on LBs and let him run WR type of routes, not just check downs and wheels.

I generally disagree about that. I don't think he would be that successful. In fact, I remember reading an article around the time we signed him where they specifically did an analysis of him in slot and wide sets and his production was significantly lower and IIRC would have placed him in the bottom 10% of the WR's in the NFL for the time period they chose. I can't remember where I found that article, unfortunately or I would be happy to link it.

I think Panthers fans get too attached to his skills as a WR when in fact he isn't terribly different than a guy like Kamara or LT or Faulk. I cannot recall a specific example of a top RB being switched to slot WR or WR in general and becoming a top 20-30 player. If you have one, I'd be interested to check it out. 

That's kind of my point, we aren't being realistic about his value as a WR. It's likely tremendously lower than what we believe it to be. If you asked me straight up to take a slot WR/hybrid player and gave me CMC or Curtis Samuel....I am taking Samuel 100 out of 100 times. Same thing if you ask me about a pass catching RB, I'm taking CMC 100 out of 100. 

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, BurnNChinn said:

Yeah trade ur star rb for Watson and then Watson has to do it all like Cam did. Yeah makes a whole lot of damn sense. Glad none of these people own the team.

RB's come and go, it's a constant. Franchise QB's like Watson do not. Stop thinking that this team would suffer if they traded CMC. Davis did an amazing job, this offense can run with any RB especially with Watson at the helm. I rather have Watson and X RB next year than Bridgewater/X-QB and CMC.  It's a no brainer if they decide to trade for Watson. CMC-YA!

• Pie 3