• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New assistant OL coach

Mr. Scot

1 minute ago, Panthera onca said:

Hmmm, didn't we previously have a coach who is the son of a former Dolphins head coach? Bad memories.

Yeah, but even that coach did pretty well when he was only a position coach.

It was when he became a coordinator that things went sideways.

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Good choice. He's the son of the guy that was head coach of the Dolphins for a bit.

I know you like to follow all of the coaching and front office side of the league, so question for you.

Is it me or does it seem that O-line is one spot where a quality position coach can actually make a huge difference.

I'm thinking the guy at the Patriots? Callahan also?

Just seems like as hard as it is to find quality O-lineman you would do everything you could to make sure you have top notch coaching there.

1 minute ago, AU-panther said:

I know you like to follow all of the coaching and front office side of the league, so question for you.

Is it me or does it seem that O-line is one spot where a quality position coach can actually make a huge difference.

I'm thinking the guy at the Patriots? Callahan also?

Just seems like as hard as it is to find quality O-lineman you would do everything you could to make sure you have top notch coaching there.

Full disclosure: I'm a little biased on this front.

I know it was important enough for the Patriots that one year after Dante Scarnecchia retired the first time, they we're so dissatisfied with their line that they lured him back.

Granted, there are guys you probably can't fix (Little, probably) but on the flipside, you see guys like Daryl Williams and Mike Remmers move on from here to look better in their new destinations.

So yeah, I think it's important. And I also think this is a good hire.

• Pie 3

26 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Full disclosure: I'm a little biased on this front.

I know it was important enough for the Patriots that one year after Dante Scarnecchia retired the first time, they we're so dissatisfied with their line that they lured him back.

Granted, there are guys you probably can't fix (Little, probably) but on the flipside, you see guys like Daryl Williams and Mike Remmers move on from here to look better in their new destinations.

So yeah, I think it's important. And I also think this is a good hire.

With Ron it always felt like he was more concerned with hiring coaches he was friends with, or in the very least were loyal to him.  I'm hoping Rhule is the opposite of that.