• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Take my money!!!!!!

Zod

2 minutes ago, stbugs said:

True, that’s why I mentioned a different guy. O’Brien was so bad. That said, if Watson forces the issue Teddy’s a possible save face for at least a couple years and start the rebuild with the picks. This one will be interesting.

The money on that doesn't make a lot of sense, IMO. Teddy doesn't have a very friendly contract and you could probably get a player of his caliber much cheaper in free agency. 

Just now, stbugs said:

It’s $19M a year for two years or $18M for one with no dead cap. Just a filler for a guy 5th in completion percentage behind only Rodgers, Brees, Watson and Allen and just ahead of Wilson. See? The accolades and QB comparisons just roll off your tongue. If they ask why he was benched in the last week you just say like the Eagles needed to look at Sudfield, we needed to see if PJ was any good.

Lol. I mean, I will have to keep saying it....Bill O'Brien isn't there anymore.

I don't think there is much of a scenario in which we trade Teddy....maybe to Washington. He has a very large contract for a guy that is basically a game managing backup QB in the NFL. I suspect he'll just end up a free agent in 2021 anyway once we cut him.

4 minutes ago, stbugs said:

True, that’s why I mentioned a different guy. O’Brien was so bad. That said, if Watson forces the issue Teddy’s a possible save face for at least a couple years and start the rebuild with the picks. This one will be interesting.

I'm honestly surprised he signed that contract with BoB in place. That guy was a train wreck headed I to a pile of dynamite.

57 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

For a qb who is as close to a sure thing as is possible in the NFL.  No doubt about it. 

That being said, I doubt we get him.  

I couldn't care either way at this point. If we bring him in without offloading teddy though that's easily 40M on the cap this year and 40ish for the following 4 years. we'll see if they want to put that against the cap when they are trying to rebuild the OL and most of the defense still. I guess that is one of the perks of a College QB.