• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CMC

Calboyz13

44 minutes ago, Malt Liquor said:

CMC had a 2,000 yard season and our record was 5-11. Derrick Henry is the best rb in all of football right now. Not saying rb is not important. But it's highly unlikely a running back can tote a team into the superbowl alone. A great to good quarterback on the other hand is a different story.

Imagine if we had a decent QB that year....

1 minute ago, spizike99x said:

CMC is worth more than a lot of you think. Yes he broke records last year and we only went 5-11. Did you people not se who we had at QB, who was on our coaching staff and the fact that he single handedly kept us from going 0-16. Many of you didn’t realize what Cam Newton did for our Franchise until last year. Rivera was not a good coach. A good leader,yes. McDermott was the reason our defense was so good, what happened after he left? 2017 was the last good roster we fielded and it still had glaring holes on the OL and in the Secondary. If those two would’ve been fixed that was a SB team. This roster is not going to make the playoffs next year possibly not even the next unless we hit in both FA and the draft. We need too many positions filled to consider trading away our future for hope in one Messiah, we will do to him what we did to Cam and then nobody will want to come here in the future. All you arm chair GM’s need to do is calm your tits, let the draft play out. We will get either Lance or Wilson let them learn for a year so TB can suck it up for another decent pick and then start to really dig in after next season. Not having patience is what causes so many sports franchises to be bottom dwellers year in and year out. I do not want us to be one of those and we are pretty close. 

I don't think Ron Rivera is a great HC.  I'm a big fan of McD. 

But Ron Rivera's track record on defense is pretty dang rock solid.    If a Ron Rivera defense sucks you can pretty much bet you simply have a talent issue that you need to fix.  You can't scheme around everything in the NFL.  Especially over the course of a season.   You will get exploited.    

I like McD.  But I think it is unfair to say he is the only reason the D was good.  

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, spizike99x said:

CMC is worth more than a lot of you think. Yes he broke records last year and we only went 5-11. Did you people not se who we had at QB, who was on our coaching staff and the fact that he single handedly kept us from going 0-16. Many of you didn’t realize what Cam Newton did for our Franchise until last year. Rivera was not a good coach. A good leader,yes. McDermott was the reason our defense was so good, what happened after he left? 2017 was the last good roster we fielded and it still had glaring holes on the OL and in the Secondary. If those two would’ve been fixed that was a SB team. This roster is not going to make the playoffs next year possibly not even the next unless we hit in both FA and the draft. We need too many positions filled to consider trading away our future for hope in one Messiah, we will do to him what we did to Cam and then nobody will want to come here in the future. All you arm chair GM’s need to do is calm your tits, let the draft play out. We will get either Lance or Wilson let them learn for a year so TB can suck it up for another decent pick and then start to really dig in after next season. Not having patience is what causes so many sports franchises to be bottom dwellers year in and year out. I do not want us to be one of those and we are pretty close. 

waka flocka GIF

• Beer 1

18 minutes ago, CRA said:

I don't think Ron Rivera is a great HC.  I'm a big fan of McD. 

But Ron Rivera's track record on defense is pretty dang rock solid.    If a Ron Rivera defense sucks you can pretty much bet you simply have a talent issue that you need to fix.  You can't scheme around everything in the NFL.  Especially over the course of a season.   You will get exploited.    

I like McD.  But I think it is unfair to say he is the only reason the D was good.  

Funny how we did not have a top 10 defense in any season after McD left. 

Ron is not a good coach, you can say he is a good person that is fine.

Our D fell off a cliff after McD left.

• Flames 1

19 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

Funny how we did not have a top 10 defense in any season after McD left. 

Ron is not a good coach, you can say he is a good person that is fine.

Our D fell off a cliff after McD left.

well, I said he wasn't a good HC.  Ron isn't.    Ron has a very long record in the NFL with defenses though.   I mean I get the Ron hate.  I just think it is unfair to claim McD carried a dude with the defensive resume Ron has.  

We had a top 10 defense the first year McD was in Buffalo.  Finished as the #7 D.   

Then our talent upfront started to become an issue IMO.  We lost Star.  Which was massive.  We began over relying on a near 40 year old Peppers.   

I mean the lack of talent upfront is why we recently have been spending high picks on the likes of Burns, Brown, Gross-Matos up front.