• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CMC

Calboyz13

35 minutes ago, Calboyz13 said:

Sir do you watch football ? Christian McCaffrey is the only back in Carolina history to have a 2,000 yard season Jonathan Stewart didn’t do it DeAngelo Williams didn’t do it so it’s not as easy as you think sir and a 7th round back who cause last time I checked theirs no 7th rounders that’s have had a 2,000 yard season if that was the case Zeke would have it (had the best O-line in the league at one point) Karma would do it and for you to even lobby for Christian McCaffrey being traded shows how much you don’t know football you don’t gotta O line already and now you don’t gotta future Hall of Famer either Watson is 1-6 against Carolina even Steve smith said it would be a dumb trade cause your trading away way too many assets... that should tell you something Steve smith said no one could replace him until DJ Moore and he was right. That’s like trading a prime Cam Newton for Lamar Jackson.......

It was sarcasms.  I am fully aware of how great he was.  You only read the first line.  I followed it up with my honest opinion.

Just to clear up some erroneous cap information, the Panthers would not be on the hook for $40M in ANY season they have Deshaun Watson. The team trading the player is responsible for any signing bonus as that money has already been paid. The signing bonus is then typically distributed over the life of the contract. Here is Deshaun's contract per Overthecap:

image.png.f23c2ac970c0a4e79af0b918b6545025.png

Forget the Prorated Bonus column. Houston is responsible for that and it will affect their cap, not the Panthers. Therefore, the most the Panthers would pay is $37M in 2023 (Base+Roster Bonus).

Likewise, the Panthers, not the Texans would be responsible for McCaffrey's prorated bonus. Here's his contract:

image.png.7ba7240201b405c1d8cc61b7cac22d15.png

• Pie 1

10 hours ago, blueandblackattack said:

Because at the end of the day, it's all circumstantial. CMC absolutely did nothing wrong, but in this league there's very few QB's you can call elite or 'franchise', and those are the ones that get you a championship. Julio Jones can't carry the Falcons, Ezekiel Elliot can't carry the Cowboys, it just is what it is. It all starts at quarterback.

I would love to keep him and hate to see him ever leave, but if that's the price for a guaranteed franchise quarterback just coming into his prime, it's about bringing a Lombardi to the Carolina's.

I really don't understand how this could be a remotely controversial take. Does anyone think Taints fans would turn down Deshaun Watson for Alvin Kamara? Vikings fans turn down Watson for Dalvin Cook? 

It sort of boggles the mind that people cannot simply watch actual NFL games and visibly witness what is not even a remotely new thing in the league......QB's are the most critical component to your success in the NFL. 

The thing that is so perplexing is that this is literally regarded as COMMON KNOWLEDGE in the NFL.....so how in the world is it missing some of our fans completely?? Do we have hundreds of Hurney children logged on??

• Pie 1

7 hours ago, Calboyz13 said:

Sir do you watch football ? Christian McCaffrey is the only back in Carolina history to have a 2,000 yard season Jonathan Stewart didn’t do it DeAngelo Williams didn’t do it so it’s not as easy as you think sir and a 7th round back who cause last time I checked theirs no 7th rounders that’s have had a 2,000 yard season if that was the case Zeke would have it (had the best O-line in the league at one point) Karma would do it and for you to even lobby for Christian McCaffrey being traded shows how much you don’t know football you don’t gotta O line already and now you don’t gotta future Hall of Famer either Watson is 1-6 against Carolina even Steve smith said it would be a dumb trade cause your trading away way too many assets... that should tell you something Steve smith said no one could replace him until DJ Moore and he was right. That’s like trading a prime Cam Newton for Lamar Jackson.......

Holy punctuation, Batman.

Once you read this about 5 times it starts to make sense. And then you realize how much dumb is packed into it. 

Impressive.

• Pie 1

I'd trade his ass in a blink if it meant the return was a Watson tier QB. Davis and the RB committee outright proved CMC's worth in relation to his contract is practically moot.

Hell, even if we don't get Watson I'd dangle him for a move in the draft. The NFC South is WIDE open right now.

1 hour ago, rico6 said:

I'd trade his ass in a blink if it meant the return was a Watson tier QB. Davis and the RB committee outright proved CMC's worth in relation to his contract is practically moot.

Hell, even if we don't get Watson I'd dangle him for a move in the draft. The NFC South is WIDE open right now.

Is that you Hurney?

• Flames 1
  • Poo 1

1 hour ago, rico6 said:

Eh, trading him to move up in the draft I am not sure I would be willing to do. That's one of those you have to be REALLY sure that you are getting "The Guy." If you end up trading a top 2-3 RB in the NFL for a bust QB........that is a hard one to ever live down as a GM and/or GM/coach. 

I definitely wouldn't want to trade CMC away for nickels or a gamble but for an established elite QB, I wouldn't hesitate even for a fraction of a second.

2 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Some of ya'll crazy mofo's are putting Cmac on a damn pedestal.  This is getting ridiculous.  Although I can say the man has taken this team and put it on his back and willed us to a grand total of 28 wins in his 4 seasons with 5 of the wins when he didnt play.  

You can say the same thing about Watson but 9 less wins if you include injury. Both are data points you could use to make the same argument.