• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Let's say Teddy is the week 1 starter...

Zod

22 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

that'd be worse than the qb comp between chris weinke and jeff lewis. 

I still remember the Jeff Lewis hype and how Denver was supposedly upset we got him away. Heir apparent to Elway....yada yada yada......and then to watch a man scramble around aimlessly at the snap of the ball.....

It was amazing. 

9 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

Depends on the rest of the roster. If there is no rookie QB behind him we either spent our draft addressing our offensive line, or adding players like Surtain, or Parsons to our defense. If we have a great offensive line, Teddy could function like he did in NO (solid enough to win) especially with CMC back. If we add a few players to our defense, it could be elite. Brown, Burns, Chinn, YGM, and Jackson have all shown promise already.

Teddy never won in NO. He was greatly helped by an good defense an god offensive line and elite weapons. If he needs all that I don’t want him.  His only good game was against Tampa’s terrible defense and he still dinked and dunked. Saying Teddy went 5-0 in NO is wrong. Teddy didn’t go 5-0 the defense did. Teddy was not good in most of those 5 wins. The Seahawks game where the Saints scored 30 points would have been a loss if the defense hadn’t scored touchdowns. Teddy didn’t go 5-0. Wins are a terrible way to judge a QB. 

With Ted as the QB, a 1 is the ceiling for me. It's training camp season again. Fun but not for great football.

If we don't get an acceptable QB then I will be staying home and selling those tickets, the team this year wasn't worth driving all day on Sunday to watch.

Edited by Waldo
  • Pie 1

51 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Teddy never won in NO. He was greatly helped by an good defense an god offensive line and elite weapons. If he needs all that I don’t want him.  His only good game was against Tampa’s terrible defense and he still dinked and dunked. Saying Teddy went 5-0 in NO is wrong. Teddy didn’t go 5-0 the defense did. Teddy was not good in most of those 5 wins. The Seahawks game where the Saints scored 30 points would have been a loss if the defense hadn’t scored touchdowns. Teddy didn’t go 5-0. Wins are a terrible way to judge a QB. 

My point is if we make our defense elite, we can still be competitive with him. He is capable of playing the position, just not making any game changing plays. If he does his check downs to CMC, it can be dangerous. I prefer a QB in the draft, but I’m not writing them off if we don’t take one.

On 1/20/2021 at 10:09 AM, ForJimmy said:

My point is if we make our defense elite, we can still be competitive with him. He is capable of playing the position, just not making any game changing plays. If he does his check downs to CMC, it can be dangerous. I prefer a QB in the draft, but I’m not writing them off if we don’t take one.

No offense but that is stupid. He is a mediocre QB that drags down the team. CMC isn’t the the magic healing agent this offense needs. We still lost with him playing last year. 
Teddy sucks and he needs to be gone. 

11 hours ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

No offense but that is stupid. He is a mediocre QB that drags down the team. CMC isn’t the the magic healing agent this offense needs. We still lost with him playing last year. 
Teddy sucks and he needs to be gone. 

He isn’t great but lead a good Minnesota defense and running game to the playoffs. He also won 5 in a row with the Saints ( again elite defense and offensive line). All I’m saying is if we miss on a QB, there are other options to make this team better and competitive even with Teddy. The position will obviously still need to be upgraded next year. If we can’t trade up and all 4 of the top tier are taken, and we miss on Watson/Stafford, this might be our plan C.