• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Philip Rivers retiring

Zod

16 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Not to mention 5th all time in career passing yardage in NFL history.

If Big Ben plays 1 more year he will most likely pass Rivers on the list, Ryan is 2 years away from passing him, Rodgers is probably 3 years away from passing him, Stafford is 4-5 years away. Rivers most impressive stat is that he played for so long. Its a lot to assume all will stay healthy enough to pass him. 

4 minutes ago, panthers320 said:

If Big Ben plays 1 more year he will most likely pass Rivers on the list, Ryan is 2 years away from passing him, Rodgers is probably 3 years away from passing him, Stafford is 4-5 years away. Rivers most impressive stat is that he played for so long. Its a lot to assume all will stay healthy enough to pass him. 

Listen, you are asking me to fix the fact that you are an idiot. That is just simply outside my abilities to remedy. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

Just now, kungfoodude said:

Listen, you are asking me to fix the fact that you are an idiot. That is just simply outside my abilities to remedy. 

How am I an idiot for pointing out the facts? Big Ben is 3,000 away, Ryan is 8,000, Rodgers is 12,000 yards behind and Stafford is 18,000 yards.

Ben is 3k behind and played an extra 2 seasons......

Rivers is one of the better passers of all time, never missed a single start in his career, is in the top 5 in passing yards at time of retirement, and did so while playing for one of the worst franchises in the NFL.

Dude should be a HOFer.

5 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

Ben is 3k behind and played an extra 2 seasons......

Rivers is one of the better passers of all time, never missed a single start in his career, is in the top 5 in passing yards at time of retirement, and did so while playing for one of the worst franchises in the NFL.

Dude should be a HOFer.

Really only 1 more year. Rivers didnt start his 1st 2 years but you can't count Big Ben's 2019 season when he played 2 games as a season. 

Rivers would be the only HOF to have never won a Super Bowl or been Named an All Pro (1st or 2nd Team). Since he became a starter there have been 14 different QBs who have been named either 1st or 2nd Team All Pro and none of those were Rivers. 

Edited by panthers320

1 minute ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

Ben came from the same draft and didn't spend two seasons behind Drew Brees... his average year is lower.

Agreed. Big Ben also lost almost an entire year to injury too. I didn't say Big Ben was better or had better per season stats just that if he plays 1 more year he will likely pass Rivers on the all time passing list. 

4 minutes ago, panthers320 said:

Agreed. Big Ben also lost almost an entire year to injury too. I didn't say Big Ben was better or had better per season stats just that if he plays 1 more year he will likely pass Rivers on the all time passing list. 

Rivers mark would be his consistency IMO.  I don't think he's a HOFer but he's close and may get in after 20 years or so.