• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Philip Rivers retiring

Zod

23 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

Rivers>>>>>>Ben and Eli

The Chargers are a terribly ran franchise and would have been the Browns west of it wasn’t for Rivers all those years

Eh......it's hard to discount Big Ben's accomplishments. Ben was a top 10 QB in the league for a long time, as well. Perhaps he gets a little bit of a "Steelers bump" but even playing on a great franchise, it isn't like he hasn't been instrumental in their success. Hell, look at their lack of success when he was injured.

19 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Eh......it's hard to discount Big Ben's accomplishments. Ben was a top 10 QB in the league for a long time, as well. Perhaps he gets a little bit of a "Steelers bump" but even playing on a great franchise, it isn't like he hasn't been instrumental in their success. Hell, look at their lack of success when he was injured.

Rivers was more consistent then Ben with an inferiors supporting cast. Rivers was only behind Peyton when it came to on field duties, he was basically the OV in SD for a large chunk 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

Rivers was more consistent then Ben with an inferiors supporting cast. Rivers was only behind Peyton when it came to on field duties, he was basically the OV in SD for a large chunk 

I mean, Rivers had a lot of great talent in San Diego so I don't know that I would agree that his supporting cast was always inferior. That is why I referenced them squandering so many HOF careers. I fear we will see similar with Justin Herbert.

I think Rivers and Big Ben are close, each with some positives and negatives to support their cases for being better.