• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Watson not the only big name vet at QB that we're looking at?

ncfan

I actually don't hate the Stafford idea as much as I originally thought. 

He's 32. He likely has 3-4 more good years left in him before his game tanks. 

I wouldn't give up anything more than a second for Stafford though. But if they took our second I'd draft a LT in round 1 and go all in a CB number one in free agency. Sign Stafford to a three year extension. Boom. There's your three year window to win. 

If it all blows up you haven't given up any future picks, have a LT for the future and CB is always a need in the NFL.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, TSLA said:

Hurts is the future there. You can tell toward the end of the season that the Eagles team started to rally behind Hurts. Wentz will be moved this off season. I can’t see why he won’t. Indy will most likely make a trade for Wentz if we or someone else don’t. Indy showed last year that they are ready to win now and will invest high draft pick(s) for a veteran player (Buckner).

You are ignoring the fact that Pederson was fired partly because Wentz wasn't going to play for him.  The Eagles chose Wentz over Pederson.

Their GM, Roseman, picked Wentz and is still with the org.  Wentz or Hurts won't be traded.

13 minutes ago, Verge said:

The number #1 priority for Tepper and Rhule this offseason is getting a QB. Whether that is trading up for Zach Wilson or trading for Watson/Stafford/Whoever, it will happen. 

Here would be my ideal power ranking of the options

1: Teddy, 8th this year, future first, and CMC for Watson 

2: Trade up to 2nd overall with #8, future first, and second this year. Draft Wilson

3: Trade a second rounder for Stafford 

• Pie 1

Just now, SOJA said:

Here would be my ideal power ranking of the options

1: Teddy, 8th this year, future first, and CMC for Watson 

Right around the price range, probably throw in a 2nd and a couple more mid round picks though. The price is insanely high.

• Pie 2

Just now, Verge said:

Right around the price range, probably throw in a 2nd and a couple more mid round picks though. The price is insanely high.

I'd be fine with that. The key in that scenario would be hitting on a lot of late round picks + finding a viable LT option for Watson + signing smart FA bargain bins 

But you do it for Watson. Are you hearing anything from your friend about our interest level?