• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A “start-up mentality.”

CanadianCat

1 minute ago, CanadianCat said:

Right and that worked really well at the beginning when their entire core was on rookie contracts. That seemed to fall apart after they had to sign 2nd contracts.. 

The Seahawks get a lot of respect from the Legion of Boom, as they should have.  In the last few years Wilson has carried that team, their drafts have been underwhelming and they have kept their heads above water through their pro-personnel department and good coaching. 12-4 and done in the wild card round. It would be an improvement for us but hardly the juggernaut days of years ago. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Waldo said:

The Seahawks get a lot of respect from the Legion of Boom, as they should have.  In the last few years Wilson has carried that team, their drafts have been underwhelming and they have kept their heads above water through their pro-personnel department and good coaching. 12-4 and done in the wild card round. It would be an improvement for us but hardly the juggernaut days of years ago. 

Yeah, that team reminds me quite a bit of Wilson's old NC State teams where he was "The Guy" making a suspect roster appear better than they were. 

He is the classic example of why you have to get that franchise QB. Even when the chips are down they make you competitive. Think about how often that was true when we had Cam.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, CanadianCat said:

Right and that worked really well at the beginning when their entire core was on rookie contracts. That seemed to fall apart after they had to sign 2nd contracts.. 

And yet their record is still better than ours year after year....

11 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, that team reminds me quite a bit of Wilson's old NC State teams where he was "The Guy" making a suspect roster appear better than they were. 

He is the classic example of why you have to get that franchise QB. Even when the chips are down they make you competitive. Think about how often that was true when we had Cam.

I dislike Wilson as a person but he is a very good QB. With Cam it didn't matter if we matched up well, we had a chance. 

There was a time you had to go through the Seahawks to make it to a Super Bowl, now they are just scenery. Something has stagnated there.

4 minutes ago, Waldo said:

I dislike Wilson as a person but he is a very good QB. With Cam it didn't matter if we matched up well, we had a chance. 

There was a time you had to go through the Seahawks to make it to a Super Bowl, now they are just scenery. Something has stagnated there.

The talent level has dropped off.

Lol....why do you dislike Russell? I have actually met him before. He is genuinely a very nice guy.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

The talent level has dropped off.

Lol....why do you dislike Russell? I have actually met him before. He is genuinely a very nice guy.

Dude comes off as fake as a $3 bill and I just find him generally annoying. I love playing against him when our D can get to him. He makes crazy throws and keeps his team in a game and the season, I respect that. I should say the public image, you know what he is like personally more than I could guess.