Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

So you're telling me my all 99 safety that averaged 9.5 sacks a game wasnt realistic?

Well that too...

But more the case of people wanting to draft a guy with a high pick and develop him for two years just to ship him off to somebody else and start over again.

I know fans love the idea of trading away good young players for draft picks or whatever. Actual football professionals aren't generally so high on it.

Downloading a roster update is easy. Actually putting real time and effort into a developing a player? Not so much.

Edited by Mr. Scot
Link to post
Share on other sites

So, the idea of arbitrarily dealing a guy that is probably at the lowest trade value of his career(coming off an injury plagued season and with the league's largest RB contract) is kind of dumb. 

Unless you are getting someone like Deshaun Watson, what purpose would this actually serve? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

So, the idea of arbitrarily dealing a guy that is probably at the lowest trade value of his career(coming off an injury plagued season and with the league's largest RB contract) is kind of dumb. 

Unless you are getting someone like Deshaun Watson, what purpose would this actually serve? 

It works well in Franchise Mode.

Works best if you turn off the salary cap though.

 

 

What do you mean you can't do that in real life?

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Flames 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, kungfoodude said:

So, the idea of arbitrarily dealing a guy that is probably at the lowest trade value of his career(coming off an injury plagued season and with the league's largest RB contract) is kind of dumb. 

Unless you are getting someone like Deshaun Watson, what purpose would this actually serve? 

To prove we dont need Marty Hurney to do something stupid. 

  • Flames 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

It works well in Franchise Mode.

Works best if you turn off the salary cap though.

 

 

What do you mean you can't do that in real life?

Yeah....I don't know what these people are thinking. CMC isn't a particularly tradeable asset right now and for DAMN sure not at the value he adds on the field. 

We can gripe and argue about how bad his contract is all day long but that ink is long since dried. Unless there is some franchise QB on the board for this hypothetical trade, people need to chill on this BS.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah....I don't know what these people are thinking. CMC isn't a particularly tradeable asset right now and for DAMN sure not at the value he adds on the field. 

We can gripe and argue about how bad his contract is all day long but that ink is long since dried. Unless there is some franchise QB on the board for this hypothetical trade, people need to chill on this BS.

That's what I keep saying. Our biggest trade assets are Brown, Chinn, Burns and Moore. All young, all still on rookie deals, all able to be extended on the trading teams terms.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

That's what I keep saying. Our biggest trade assets are Brown, Chinn, Burns and Moore. All young, all still on rookie deals, all able to be extended on the trading teams terms.

And all falling under the category of "In the name.of all that's holy, why would you want to trade these guys?!"

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

That's what I keep saying. Our biggest trade assets are Brown, Chinn, Burns and Moore. All young, all still on rookie deals, all able to be extended on the trading teams terms.

Pretty much the same thing I have been saying. Basically the bulk of the guys we really, really don't want to get rid of are the most valuable assets we have. 

People get so enamored with the flash of the NFL they completely miss out on the financial and positional value aspects of the league.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mr. Scot said:

And all falling under the category of "In the name.of all that's holy, why would you want to trade these guys?!"

Yeah, the only situation those guys are on the board are:

1. Elite franchise QB in prime(Watson scenario, which is probably an NFL first)

2. They aren't going to sign with us again anyway.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Good thing to remember too: From what I've read, a pretty hefty portion of the trades that occur in the NFL are initiated by a team that trying to acquire a player, not get rid of one.

Teams that are trying to trade a player away are typically in a bad spot with that player, perhaps due to combination of age, salary cap, etc.

So, sorry folks. Actual NFL personnel people don't look down a roster at their good young players thinking 'Hey, I bet I could get a couple of picks for that guy".

More likely, they're thinking about what they need to do to develop that guy even further and maximize their talents to help them win.

  • Beer 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

And all falling under the category of "In the name.of all that's holy, why would you want to trade these guys?!"

Exactly. Unless its required for a trade involving a player of Watsons caliber, those guys are untouchable. I'm not advocating trading them, just that of our "assets", CMC, because of that contract, I would rank 5th. 

  • Beer 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...