• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trade cmc

Beerfacedlegend

5 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Exactly. Unless its required for a trade involving a player of Watsons caliber, those guys are untouchable. I'm not advocating trading them, just that of our "assets", CMC, because of that contract, I would rank 5th. 

Yep. Personnel people and coaches (especially coaches) want to make the best of the people they've already acquired, not ship them off for the fun and enjoyment of drafting somebody else and starting all over from scratch.

This isn't college where you have a whole new team every three or four years. 

And it sure as hell isn't Madden.

Edited by Mr. Scot

9 hours ago, Beerfacedlegend said:

It just doesn’t make sense paying for a rb when we had mike davis and it was only a slight difference 

You can't unsign that contract we have with CMC. What is done is done.

You adjust and move on. You don’t try to trade a dude that, again I will point out, is literally at the lowest trade value of his young NFL career. The odds of obtaining the assets in return to make that worthwhile are EXTREMELY low.

• Pie 1

I understand where the OP is coming from though, especially when the league has devalued the position for the last 10 years. However, I believe CMC’s best days are ahead of him, and it may not even be as a RB. If and when the Panthers decide to line him up in the slot, watch out. He is Ed McCaffery’s son after all and he has a tremendous catch radius. Good times ahead, if he stays healthy.

• Flames 2

I have never been a proponent of large RB contracts.  One can think back on the Double Trouble debacle.

However, CMC is a bit more than a RB and will be used a lot in situations to gain back the productivity of losing Samuel.  We had a lot of firepower with the 3 WR's and this year, it will be 2 WR's and a RB.

Besides, high contract and an injury do not spell good trade value.

15 hours ago, Beerfacedlegend said:

After an injury he will not be the same , we could still get nice capital from him , look at gurly and leveon bell it’s not a good investment spending on running backs 

People don't live in reality around here, but honestly, you're speaking truth.  The compensation would need to be significant though.